Kilkenny GAA thread

At the end of the day Loughlins lack of firepower upfront was their undoing.

1 Like

Lost the run of themselves

I was at it
I couldn’t see where the extra man was for passages. It was Paddy D but then Jordan Molloy was under pressure and Paddy picked up his man and Jordan wasn’t as effective as the spare man.
We lost our shape after the sending off but I think someone else said it, we are short a great forward and it really showed

7 Likes

Always going to struggle into a wind given the scorers in the he first half along with Thomas’s sheer aggression 1 to 1.

2 Likes

Ó Loughlins looked better hurlers overall but Thomas’s very physical and dogged. Their big players all had massive 2nd half’s.

Really not a good look Lyng having 2 emeralds lads in with kk. Emeralds were torn apart by tullogher in junior 1/4 final this year.

They have scarcely won a game of note since being relegated back to junior 7/8 years ago; one semi final appearance in that time I think. I know Killian Doyle is on the panel; who’s the other one?

Seen Darragh queally named on bench Saturday. Tbf he was excellent in that game against tullogher.

1 Like

Excellent might be stretching it Emeralds were around 20 points down at half time in that game having only scored around 0-4 in the first half. He’s not a bad chap Queally but senior inter county…c’mon now Derek c’mon.

What was the state of play at Lyngs club when he was called into KK panel years ago?
Was his call up questioned also if i recall?

To be fair, I don’t know anything about this fella or the particular situation, but one (or two, or even three) fellas can’t turn an entire club’s fortunes around if the others are no-hopers. Just because an individual plays for a poor junior club doesn’t mean they aren’t a good player.

4 Likes

A serious degree of snobbishness here

1 Like

Junior in Kilkenny is also a fairly high standard. You’re generally playing against first teams of hurling mad places

Gearoid Hegarty in Limerick a prime example of this.

Breeding

I saw him play us in an U21 match back in the day. There had been a lot of talk about him but he done absolutely nothing that night. Next thing he’s on the Limerick senior team.

Agree totally. Not sure he’d be certain starter for u20s this year. Seems like they’re just bringing in every one they had at u20 instead of older lads of 23/24.

If a junior hurler is good enough, absolutely call him in. Just think there is better out there. Fogarty and heary have had great years with o loughlins.

Neither of them have next nor near the hurling required for inter county

Fogarty is a skilful wing back, as is Jordan Molloy. @Malarkey might know what age they are and if there is scope to improve.

Heary doesn’t have the hurling as a forward but possibly as a corner back, he had a nightmare in that position v Tipp last year in the league so is probably not good enough.

Lyng getting plenty of stick for throwing the Thomastown lads in last Sunday.