Kilkenny GAA thread

What was the story with him leaving Blacks & Whites after they won junior in 2022 and going to Bagenalstown last year?

Geographically it’s only up the road - aren’t Blacks and Whites not Paulstown and it’s surrounds?

No that’s Barrow Rangers.

Blacks and Whites are Skeoughvosteen which is part of Graiguenamanagh parish but there was a split way back and they went on their own, great club relative to their population in fairness to them.

1 Like

They have terrific facilities in Blacks and Whites and it’s a fantastic focal point for the community.
They are very accommodating to the Camogie County Board and lots of matches are played there, hence I’ve seen the progress of their development over the years

3 Likes

They did well 1st year up after winning junior. Beat ó Loughlins 2 and carrickshock.
Interesting will they suffer ‘’ second season syndrome ‘’ this year. Have couple of great servants in Michael Moloney, Niall Kennedy and aiden ó Dowd.

Eddie Scally… A know nothing blowhard.

Not even from Kilkenny.

FYP mate

Says the lad who knows fuck all himself…only back out of England.

Hey chief, less of that talk now, yeah?

What townland are you from yourself? Ballycoward?

Any time you want to tell me anything to my face, I am very easily found – especially by someone with your level of obsession.

Otherwise fuck off to your own level with that other gobshite.

Do not ‘yeah?’ me again. Your level is your level. Stay there.

Skeoughvosteen is a noble placename.

3 Likes

We just call it Skeogh for short…

:joy:.

@Locke scolded

'Tis a fair mouthfull.
Wouldnt be too easy to pronounce for someone not in the know.

On a related note,the difference in accents between say,Kilmacow and Urlingford,for example is incredible for a relatively short distance,if you think about it.
From Ballyhale down,you could definitely hear the Waterford twang while from Ballyragget up its more Laois/Carlow sounding.
Its a fairly interesting subject,Id feel.

There’s a Skeogh near Pilltown as well as far as I recall

See we all know who you are on here because you’ve made sure that we do…you crave the approval of fellas fawning over one of your rambling and raving articles about the ciotogs of South Kilkenny in 1894 and how they evolved when hurling went to 21 a side a decade later zzzz zzzz but for all that you didn’t watch Henry Shefflin hurl half an Hour at underage level for club or County…yer only back out of England.

Barrie Henriques…Eddie Scally…you’d wipe the floor with them in a South Kilkenny COTY contest if it came down to it.

Im not sure but I believe Edward lives in Gowran so technically that would be North.Im open to correction on this.

Not sure where he lives…being in the parish of Graigueamanagh Skeoughvosteen is in South Kilkenny but was lumped into North KK by the co.board to avoid clashes with their parish neighbours in the early Days…afaik Eddie lives in Skeough but I’m not certain…either way he’d trail Malarkey in a South KK COTY contest in any Year…he wouldn’t come near him in fact.

What is the origin of the name do you know?