Kilkenny GAA thread

He’s like one of those missionaries going out to the uncontacted tribes. He might teach them how to express themselves or he might get Rockefellered

I’d love for you or someone else in the know to put together a POWER RANKINGS of the Best/Worst Inter County Training Centre’s across the country.

These places with 5+ pitches in the middle of nowhere like Caherlohan sound like utterly grim places altogether.

At least in Tipp with DMP, its central and there can be a real buzz about the place.

1. Hawkfield (Kildare)

You can begin there.

5 Likes

Dont Galway have one in Loughgeorge that they all hate too?

If it’s worse than Hawkfield, it should be closed down.

1 Like

A fucking kip in a fucking backwater.

Christ there’s a few that would make the mind boggle. As would Ballyroan had it worked out. Thank God for NAMA, Laois have one of the best from all points of view now. Just need that stand.

You’d hear good things about Faithful Fields in Offaly. Isn’t a training centre in the middle of nowhere but a great set up ideal for the modern paranoid intercounty manager? i think Tyrone’s fits that description from everything you hear.

Many counties don’t have one? Seen Westmeath are buying over 40 acres on the outskirts of Mullingar with the intention of building, I actually think Dublin officially don’t have one but use the facilities in DCU a good bit or Innisfails if you’re going on when they were caught during Covid.

Another advantage handed to them.

Didn’t Pearse Stadium host an Ireland v Australia compromise rules game on a Saturday night back around 2006? A bad sign to say that the floodlights situation declined since then.

They were only yellow pack lights.

1 Like

Kerry use Tralee in the winter. You’d imagine Newbridge and Walsh Park will have after the redevelopment.

Not having a centre of excellence is an advantage now?

1 Like

Getting one for nothing is chief

Where?

DCU pal. And the rest. We even bought ye a stadium.

You’re talking some pony there. Dublin ladies footballers currently train in dcu. No other Dublin team training there. Senior footballers will go in on the back pitch in April. Centre of Excellence me hole

Sure pal, I believe you :joy:

What you believe is of little concern to me.

Laois could be given 5 centres of excellence and they’d still be shit at everything.

2 Likes

We’ve the loan to prove we paid for the one we have.

A serious dose of Donnelleys @Midshipman_Asha

U22 A County Final.