Kilkenny GAA thread

Clifford is limited in his ability due to his cack-handed nature.
Drennan is dreadfully one sided. He’s decent but listening to some podcasts they are making him out to be the second coming, it’s lazy analysis because he’s a free taker.

Harry Shine is the best underage forward in Kilkenny coming through at the moment.

1 Like

He has the talent but thats all. Think he’s missing the drive and conditioning needed.

1 Like

That’s some set of subs. Dilly Brennan and Billy Drennan.

What happened to the Asian lad? He looked good at underage.

Don’t think they were best pleased with him in Maynooth this year.

Heard the same. Stapos UCD walked all over him the other night.

Harry Shine is a great name. He sounds like a Dickensian chimney sweep.

That abomination at the canal walk is after hexing us,lads.We havent won Liam since it was erected.

I wonder would a JCB be able for it?

I think he’s at least the third Harry Shine, his Dad is Harry and his Grandad was too. His Grandad was the county engineer for years and there’s a lovely plaque dedicated to him on the John’s Quay wall opposite the library.
They are a very musical family, I was a bit surprised when I heard his name coming through in hurling circles, would have thought concert violinist or something

11 Likes

Frees only so?

Any word on that Brennan chap from Comer, seen him a few years back and he looked like some talent. Has had a few knee injuries I believe.

How come the wing back from Thomastown isn’t getting a look in?

Not necessarily.

Which wing back?

Please don’t say the left one…

Any relation to Brendan?

2 Likes

Do you want your old lobby washed down?

1 Like

Thats about their cousin,Con.

1 Like

Harry Junior’s nickname is son.

I’ve no idea, but it’s not that kind of musicality they’re into

To my eye, Liam Moore (Dicksboro) is the young Kilkenny forward with the most potential. Size, pace and classic wrists. 22 this year. Just requires tweaks to conditioning and workrate. Everything else is there.

Was asked into Senior panel but not going in until 2025.

3 Likes