Kilkenny GAA thread

If he’s a bit of cop he’ll make a run for the Kilkenny side

Split season that’s why.

Locky Byrne is the only lad from outside the county to have won an All Ireland with them.

1 Like

Wouldn’t go down well with the townend terrace lads. He’d walk onto the panel and you can believe that.

3 Likes

Unfortunately for Loughlins he’s not a forward.

He has four All Stars.
We’ll take him.

It might afford them the opportunity to throw Deegan up to the forwards again. He was a wrecking ball up there in a county final vs Ballyhale in 22.

I’d imagine he’ll stay playing with kerry.
Beast of a man. Won the poc fada Last year too.

“LOOK AT LOWRY,LOOK AT LOCKY”

We liked him that much,we put him into a song.

Locky was from County Kilkenny.

To the best of my knowledge, the only three non natives to feature with Kilkenny in the championship were all from Tipperary.

1922: Rody Nealon (Burgess native and father of Donie) played in a Leinster quarter final against Laois, while he was teaching in Mullinavat and hurling for Knockmoylan.

1927/28: Con Keane (Cashel native in Irish Army; stationed in Kilkenny, where he hurled with James Stephens; relocated to Thurles and was on 1929 Munster Railway Cup team in both football and hurling; had three sons who hurled for Tipperary in 1950s).

1971: Johnny Moriarty (Gortnahoe native who married into Johnstown and started hurling with The Fenians).

5 Likes

And the boul Denis from tipp

DB is from Ballyline, County Kilkenny.

Ballyline Tipperary

Ballyline is very near Callan but in Kilmanagh Parish, Graigue-Ballycallan’s catchment.

By the way, DB offered himself to Cork in first instance – but Cork’s management had a bit more class and cop on than Michael Doyle.

DB had been stationed down in Cork when a Garda.

1 Like

That’s the type of content I come onto TFK for. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I know it was different times but I wonder was there much backlash to that locally. Moving about 5 minutes down the road and changing club

Will the fact he’s from Kerry come against him do you think should he make himself available?

Did Christy Walsh not ever line out for ya’s?

Any news on the u20s? I know they beat cork down there before the senior game 2 weeks ago. Should be strong team this year. Shine, Langton, Joe Fitz, Hughes, Eoin Lyng, Brian mcevoys son seems good chap too.

Now,now it was proven beyond all reasonable doubt that Locky was born, reared, educated and learned his hurling all in Waterford before moving to hurl with Kilkenny due to a club dispute in Waterford

1 Like