Kilkenny GAA thread

You’d never back Galway in an AIF. That’s the beauty of them (us).

I think Clare have paid massively for their tussles with Limerick.

Hello Kilkenny county board.

https://twitter.com/KilkennyCLG/status/1764624761286504507?t=CJqDNA-058jEII8sM52G3Q&s=19

Nearly sure one of you lads said that the county board aren’t with it in terms of content. They’re most certainly trawling through this.

Decent chat with Jackie here from the BBC Norn Ireland chaps

2 Likes

KKvCLA EMurphy MButler HLawlor TWalsh DBlanchfield RReid SMurphy DCorcoran MCarey AMullen TJReid PDeegan CKenny ECody HShine Subs DBrennan PMoylan CBuckley PMcDonald KBlanchfield TClifford JDonnelly MKeoghan GDunne BDrennan LHogan Team supplied by KGSC in association with UPMC Nowlan Park

Who’s H Shine?

Harry Shine. Still under 20. Dicksboro. A bit of a prodigy at 15/16 but has had issues since.

Deegan in the half forward line is interesting.

I searched there.
Always injured.

Workhorse.
But workhorses need to go central traditionally.

Plays there for the club and is always good for a score.

He played number 6 for OLG all last year.

He played in the forwards a few years ago alright.

1 Like

I think that’s as decent looking a team we’ve had in a while

1 Like

That’s pretty much our strongest team. Great bench too.

Clare by 4

1 Like

Where’s Tom Phelan? I presume injured. Not so sure about the subs. Is Moylan any good?

He’s injured.

Strong looking team. Yes tom phelan is injured as is Walter. Nicky Brennan said on a podcast he could be out for 10 weeks.
Clare missing Kelly, ó Donnell, Taylor, Malone and Mcinerney so have to favour kilkenny to win. Really going with size over skill.

I would think he’d struggle up there at IC level. Will probably play there club this year with the Kerry import slotting in at centre back.

Poor enough performance today. Clare would have won by 7 or 8 points if they had a free taker. More bite and desire about clare I felt. Richie reid has no presence at center back. Carey improved that significantly.
Donnelly was a positive.
Clare were without 4 or 5 regulars. Kilkenny, Tom phelan and wally maybe but none of them are definite starters.

The goals didn’t come yesterday.
We probably deserved a couple.

But we had no answer in the end when the chips were down.

Tj was very sharp and Mullen done massive amount of work as usual without getting the scores. Cody was poor enough on a sticky marker.

Good start for the u20s today. 4 21 scored with a heap of wides as well. Kilkenny were much physically stronger than wexford. Shine seems to be getting back to his best and Marty Murphy did himself no harm with 2-3.
Subs made big impact with james Walsh of kilmacow and aaron mcevoy getting 3 points each I think.

3 Likes