Kilkenny GAA thread

What’s the format? Are they in groups? Offaly scraped by Dublin.

Kilkenny wexford and laois in 1 group.
Offally dublin and galway in the other. Think the westmeaths and kildares come in to it after group stage.
Plenty size in this kilkenny team.

1 Like

Gave the Galway minors a trimming. Shared DNA came on and scored a point and set up a goal.

https://twitter.com/kilkennyclg/status/1781689979174867429?s=46&t=p07OIoicsFZzAmuJzZHHNQ

1 Like

That’s some scoreline. Thought I heard it wasn’t a great minor team. Seem to have few serious forwards.

First win over Galway at minor since 2010 according to Galway Bay FM :eyes:

1 Like

Been watching this age group in KK for a number of years and would go as far as to say its an exceptional grade in KK currently.
Its probably even better at u16 which will obviously be the county minors next year wheres theres 5/6 clubs with abundant and exceptional talent.

2 Likes

Who’s involved with them nowadays?

Niall Bergin is the manager

1 Like

Oh great

1 Like

Paddy Hogan and Pat Robinson named as selectors too .

Hon the Lockes - U14A football champions :clap:
Finally, the home of gaelic football has a team worthy of the place.
Nephew on the team, delighted for the little hoor.
They’ll go hard on the hurling too.

5 Likes

Fair play. Ye are going great guns at underage last couple of years. Will take a while to translate to the adult team though.
They’re at a low ebb atm.

True. I’m not sure we even have a Specials team this year.

Feile champs of KK :cry:, beating the Village and Carrickshock in the group stages then Danesfort in the semis and Barrow Rangers in the final :ukraine::ukraine:. The Double!! Jaysus you’d be fierce proud of them. We hurled with most of the mentors @Piles_Hussain

6 Likes

Barrow Rangers! Some achievement for them to make an A county final. Great to see

I know, Callan and Paulstown teams making A finals, who’d have thunk it

1 Like

Danesfort in the semis too. That would have been a Roinn C or D line up not too long ago

1 Like

Was onto a cousin of mine* and he reckons Callan will win the senior in 10 years time. I’d say he was at the Monday Club.

*all related etc etc

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t know, not that dreamlike I’d say. I
I’ve seen a few of the Locke’s underage and primary school teams over the last few years and they seem really well coached and skilful

1 Like

Have John Lockes ever been a decent senior club?