Kilkenny GAA thread

It worked well for the Walsh Cup game back in January.

As far as I know. And I’d be in the know, they’re shortening the pitch on Sunday to manage the damage that the stage has done.

Nowlan Park has maximum length so they can avoid enough of the damage and still be within regulations.

2 Likes

Thurles will be empty Sunday. Ye could ask them for it. Tipp could play Clare in the Ragg and still not fill it

1 Like

Walsh Park or NETWATCH Dr Cullen Park would be lovely boutique venues for this fixture, both would be rammed too.

I’m hoping that the game will go ahead in Nowlan Park and my ticket for Árdan Breathnach is valid.

:crossed_fingers:

Leinster Council & match officials delegation apparently inspecting Nowlan Park pitch tomorrow at 11am with a view to making a definitive decision on whether it will be playable on Sunday. Decision to be communicated to county boards at some stage tomorrow.

1 Like

It would be sensational if they have to change the venue.

1 Like

There would be War in Kilkenny if they had to move the game to The Promised Land.

Walsh Park would certainly work for me, but I can’t see it happening.

Any word on this?

A (very small and niche portion of a) NATION HOLDS ITS BREATH!

I’m sorry @Loko_Cove, I made that story up yesterday.

7 Likes

Haha I’m some clown. I believe Kilkenny couldn’t train on it during the week.

1 Like

Why can’t kk put numbers on the team sheet. It’s not so bad for the team but the subs are a disaster.

The McDonagh is heaving. Way more Wexford.

Country end 21 yard line is in shite

1 Like

Half back line very good today. Also deegan and Billy Ryan. Cody had a great battle with shane reck.
Wexford lost it 20 minutes after half time.
Hard to know how good kk are. Struggling to beat dublin and wexford, bút will stíll put it up to anyone.

Eoin Cody seems to have been figured out. Appreciate he was only back, but Reck dominated him in tight ball.

Kilkenny are very poor. Tommy Walsh isn’t inter-county standard, and they’re missing (still) a centre-back and a midfielder.

I think they are very poor.

The pitch was unacceptable today too. The bit near the stage was shocking the rest of the pitch looked very soft.

Grand if they have concerts but need to concede home advantage of the pitch isn’t up to scratch after.

1 Like

It looked like we were going to put up a score on the chnts for a while till we ran out of gas.