Kilkenny GAA thread

Strange game. Kilkenny were excellent in spots and poor for long periods. Corner backs aren’t hurling at the level they did last year. He’s had better games but Blanchfield has been a great addition. Mikey Carey did a decent job on Chin. Deegan was decent. Forwards were all average enough bar TJ, who was excellent bar his newfound inability to score relatively easy chances from play.
As @Appendage said, Wexford gave us a lot of soft scores with stupid frees and poor marking.

2 Likes

Should be a great occasion on kilkenny tomorrow for the u20s final. The good weather wiil add to it and hopefully the pitch will be in super condition.
Of course it would have been great if kilkenny were there but wasn’t too be.
You’d have to feel a bit envious of offaly and the journey this team has taken them on.
I don’t think we’ll ever have that because kilkenny are always expected to be be there or thereabouts at the business end.

:thinking:

1 Like

OK, less bad than it was last week😜

1 Like

It’ll be rocking no doubt.

The part where they were relegated from the Joe McDonagh and lost to Down in the Christy Ring wouldn’t be enjoyable though. Years in the wilderness at senior level. I can see where you’re coming from though. It’s a fabulous bandwagon and they still have another year of it at U20.

3 Likes

I’m a bit slow to the party with this one.
Broken thumb and out for six weeks unfortunately.

I heard there now that it’s ligament damage but needs an operation.
What does that mean in terms of being out?

No idea what it means but I presume Mullen will replace him.

That’s a blow - he’s carrying a lot of water for that forward line all year.

If an operation is required ots an 8 - 12 week recovery

Bastardin split season

Still no numbers! :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Who’ll start for Donnelly? Tom Phelan?

I saw the team this morning and sent a few texts home.

Seems he got it strapped up and will probably start.

Seems a bit stupid to me. It’s only an auld Leinster Final. Surely he can’t hope to go on and train and play more matches in that state? And then straight into club games. I’d prefer see him have the operation I think.

1 Like

Mental Richie Reid is still starting for Kilkenny

1 Like

He’s as good as Hannon…

And I could win Wimbledon with a wooden racket

Bjorn Borg did.

Against the pros with modern rackets