Kilkenny GAA thread

I think you might be thinking of TJ…

A bad workman blames his tools…

Gerry Hannon is it?

1 Like

Thought Carey was doubtful as well. Although kilkenny don’t usually name dummy teams.
Only expecting a crowd of 25 k which is woeful.
Hopefully offallys win last week will generate a late rush.

I think Carey is out. Likely be Jordan Molloy?

Shane Murphy either.

Carey is out. Donnelly will start. Delaying the op till after championship. I doubt Thomastown are happy.

1 Like

What sort of damage does he have? Break /fracture? Inter County hurling is hardly the place to be carrying a bad finger.

Ligaments I thought

I’m delighted for him in some ways, he is flying.

Proper teams this time.
I think….,

Well, wan was

I’m not sure what was wrong with Dublin. I’m watching it again now.

Hard to feel too sorry for them.
Their touch was poor against Galway in any case, and I may be in the minority, but I think a highly suspect Galway team would have taken them 15 on 15. I thought at the time that a good side would beat them handily enough, I just didn’t think kk were that good a side. Clearly I was wrong.
I have always thought lyng was top drawer though.

They couldn’t move four steps forward without trying to either offload the ball, turn back or turn inside. This possession based game is very hard to execute when one your skill level is not razor sharp and two against insane work rate. How many times was the ball dropped or turned overed after maybe 7 passes before they reached midfield.

Easy be critical of Dublin but tonight was their 6th championship game in eight weeks. It’s a fairly brutal schedule given they rarely make games easy for themselves. They aren’t that sort of side.

It was a similar performance to Clare v Kilkenny in 22. Just looked incredibly flat.

There was a time when you’d win five games in four months and win an all Ireland.

5 round robin games in five weeks is a hell of a lot gamss.

1 Like

We won’t be getting carried away hopefully. A tough semi against Limerick to follow.

Kilkenny are good at hurling mate, Dublin are average and played poorly. It’s that simple mate. Go and have a pint for yourself.

2 Likes

That’s the way it is now.
Same for every team….

I wasn’t that confident before the match.