Kilkenny GAA thread

I’d watch that yeah. That was a good Joe mcgame today though, Offaly no Leinster since 18 and they will suffer for that next time up against the sleeping giant. Any group system of four where two go through is the job for me. It seems to be the job worldwide.

Not sure what stage they moved O’Donnell up the field but he really doesn’t have the hurling for it. Caught a ball or two but ended up getting caught in two minds and brick flicking the ball forward.
Not sure what KK can take out of it, we actually got into bad habits in the 2nd half as it was so easy for us.
Dublin are not that bad, but Christ they need to start striking the ball further than 20 yards.

2 Likes

5 games in 5 weeks for the likes of Carlow, Antrim and Offaly / Laois is always going to seriously stretch their squad depth.

They tried that for the first few minutes and were hunting in packs until Cody scored the goal. It really knocked the wind out of their sails and they never believed they could win after that

I think the league games are good prep but the finals and semis are a complete farce where teams have one eye on the upcoming championship games and are only shadow boxing

1 Like

Croke Park is some going expose of hurlers, especially when lads have time. So many levels to this shit. Dunphy (who was very technically proficient) had a good line about watching himself back with Millwall. ‘I never realised I had so much time there’. Mayweather has a similar line about sparring.

Very technically sound hurlers with Laois and Dublin today firing shots off over the shoulder when they’d ten yards to stride into, stuff they’d never do in a club game. It’s mad really.

3 Likes

The only thing I can take out of it is that we’ve been in this situation in recent years and failed to drive it home. We did this today but Dublin were especially poor

I thought O’Donnell was poor today. For a guy who is supposed to be one of the best full backs in the business he was beaten in a good few one on ones

1 Like

He’s definitely not that anyway, I agree with you. He was bet for a number of balls by mossy and then when he moved upfield he was extremely limited.

Agreed fully.

How’s everyone feeling after today’s game?Never looked like limerick would lose even though quaid had to make couple saves and rogers hit the post.
Likely another kilkenny clare semi final unless wexford can do something outside of leinster.
Would have us strongish favourites against clare, depending how much today takes out of them.

I thought kk had a chance last year but in the end they didn’t.

Unfortunately it’s looking less likely this year. Switch off for one minute and they’ll knock over four points. Inside short or long from the half backs, it doesn’t matter to them.

Yes and they won today without 4 all stars and lynch barely pucked a ball. Stíll our best team with Mullen and Cody on top form would test them.

And John Donnelly

We’d need a bag of goals.

And a truck of luck

4 minimum, always 4!

The Thurles pipe band played a rendition of Baby Give It Up by KC and the Sunshine band today which was a bit bizarre and novel.

I think it’s like kk in their pomp. To beat them, you need basically zero sides, and any bit of luck going (and basically take all your goal chances).
Clare are a fine side. Admirable. It’s better to win the last of the three.
There’s something wrong with a championship where Clare may play Limerick 3 times imho.

They’d be happy enough to get another crack at them I’d say.