Kilkenny GAA thread

I was thinking that also. Surely he wasn’t carrying a bad injury? He had no power into the wind at all.

He looked like he was suffering with a back problem.

Carrying Kilkenny this last 5 years, sure.

12 Likes

Actually think coaching at the top level is an issue with KK. Pound for pound they produce the best hurlers but getting them to play cohesively in a system is an issue. Eoin Cody a case in point, fantastic hurler on his own who is not performing due to an overall constrained approach. Their best two coaches IMO are working with other IC teams

3 Likes

We could give out about Lyng on the line and not seeing younger players get their chance off the bench. But if Lyng goes who goes in? Shefflin?? :see_no_evil: Andy Comerford? :thinking:

Lyng has delivered 2 Leinsters.

1 All Ireland appearance and 1 or 2 league final appearances.

With a team that’s maxing out everyday.

He’s about 2 years from being criticised.

2 Likes

I think it was Oisin Pepper from Wexford who you’re thinking of. Played senior championship for Wexford that season but hasn’t featured since.

Its Gavin Lee of Clarinbridge.

4 Likes

Wexford lost by a point in the Leinster final that year. It didn’t go to extra-time though to be fair. I remember Lee coming on near the end of the drawn senior game in Wexford Park alright.

That U20 game was played on a Monday night in Carlow in front of two men and a dog.

4 Likes

What’s going on with KK support lads. We have always been bad but we seem to be far far worse over the last couple of years. Is there a disconnect with the team? Thought this might be the case but the KK showing at the minor final was awful, what was at it 12,000. Tipp must have outnumbered us 3-1. Very very poor for a home final.
The semi final was equally as bad. Would we even had 10,000 in HQ on Saturday?

He’s done well so far with what he has. I don’t think the 2nd half on Sunday will be his brightest moment but he’s done a lot more good than bad

Back in the day, 20 years ago, I was getting slagged that KK supporters were there in their tens of tens at the latest game blah blah blah. I don’t think we’ve ever travelled that much. 1991 and the Hill was the our Everest.

To have 3 or 4k in the park at the minor is beyond travel issues.
I know we never did, but we were certainly better.

I agree, but we just don’t travel. Have only been to three games myself this year, two of them in the Pairc. My cousin played on the minor team and I didn’t go :man_facepalming:t2:

Like Cavan and Kerry, KK people don’t part with their shillings too easily.

1 Like

Yeah but my point is, it’s getting way worse. We were always bad but it’s gone pathetic.

1 Like

1 Like

You could hear the roar every time clare scored in the second half. Is it something to do with the amount of success we’ve had in the past 20 years? Just take being in all semi finals for granted, whereas clare or waterford are just desperate for any sort of success at any grade.
I think next Sunday will be only clares 7th appearance in an all Ireland senior hurling final.
So you can imagine the excitement among supporters and what it means.

Love reading info like that, thanks for sharing.

• 7m on the island :ireland:
  • thought there was more in Waterford
  • Mayo is empty
  • Kerry isn’t far behind