Kilkenny GAA thread

Never realised Down had those numbers.

Neither did I. I’m shocked assume there’s a large protestant population ?

There was that amount inside watching training before the Drive for 5 AI final

Surely be around 60-40 anyway you would think.

A fraction of Belfast (east Belfast) is County Down, that’s majorly Protestant.

South Down is majority Catholic, there’s a heap of mountains in between.

3 Likes

Half of Belfast is County Down

Ravenhill would be County Down as would Stormont.

Google maps doesn’t show the county boundaries.
Seemingly they’re not a ‘thing’ up there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/o3e6ag/why_are_there_no_county_borders_in_northern/

Senior, intermidiate and junior hurling league / championship began last night.
Tullaroan beat an undrrstrength dicksboro last night by 3 points with mossy keoghan and gearoid Dunne in good form. Ciallin brennan looks a big addition just out of minor. Think he got 2 goals.
Young irelands beat a severely depleted mooncoin by 10 points. Listening to the suir men line out they are missing 8 or 9 who would be starters. They have a good few gone to Australia, not sure if they have injuries either.
From getting to the Co final last year, I think every team in their group will be eyeing up mooncoin as a potential game they can win.

3 Likes

Statement of intent from Lachtains last night in the junior giving Emeralds a clipping.

1 Like

The ‘Lockes play Piltown above in Windgap at noon today. Terrible time for a game.

Piltown by 4.

The KK county board love to spread out their fixtures but 12 on a Saturday is extreme, still better than the Sunday evening slot.

1 Like

Of a Bank Hol weekend that’s the best possible fixture time going.

2 Likes

You have a point there boss.

The flaaaaaa committeeeeeee asked that some Wex SHC games be fixed in Wexford Park on MONDAY evening of an August Bank Holiday.

Outrageous stuff.

It’s only hurling sure

The optimum time :pint:

The Wexican hurling community are being kicked from pillar to post this year between this and the Féile debacle

Ya all well spread out today. 12, 2 4 and 6 for the senior games.

1 Like

No surprise really. Hard to see past lachtaíns or windgap for the junior this year. Maybe graiugenamanagh or loughlins 2nd team could be surprise packet.

I expected Emeralds to have a bit more about them with 2 county senior panelists. Is Conor Martin still togging out? Yep Lachtains probably favourites, ship could have sailed for Windgap I think 2022 was their chance. O’Loughlins supposed to have a good outfit so they’re definitely in with a chance. Graig are decent but invariably go out in the first round.