Kilkenny GAA thread

Martin is in Oz, there’s probably a better 15 of Emeralds outside the country than in it currently.

1 Like

Conor Martin wasn’t there last year anyway. They have good minor team this year so maybe a few of them will make a difference.

1 Like

Good win for the lockes. 24 points good scoring. Any of them good youngster coming through or are they too young still?

1 Like

Really? 24 points from a Lockes team? You sure that’s right?

Any good young lads are still too young to be carrying us anywhere I imagine.
The Lockes have barely played a competitive game at adult level this year from my regular checking of the fixtures and results so Piltown must be proper shite altogether.

Think I heard that on the radio yeah. Piltown always flatter to deceive.

You could have loads of pints after it….

1 Like

Big win for Thomastown First time up with the big boys since God knows when.

IMG_5921

1 Like

1989 according to Clubber.

https://x.com/clubber/status/1819721799728324841

1 Like

They’ll be comfortable senior team. Could make a semi final. Stephens are not great though… Think Cody is involved with them.

Erins Own must be one of the worst senior teams i have ever seen.

Plenty of teams capable of being relegated there. Clara for example.

12 is a bit early, but allows supporters to get as many games in as possible. I was at Tullaroan v Boro game, Village v Thomastown. Saint Martins v Black and Whites and Tullogher v Fenians. Most of the stand out players are established as it is. Tullogher look a fine athletic team, Hartley centre back put in a masterclass. Few Martins players looked lively but the wind was a big factor. Thomastown much the better team in senior, Donnelly looking a class act. Tullaroan worked liked dogs in turning over Dicksboro.

5 Likes

Thomastown could easily make a semi this year. Seen them hurl Lucan in a challenge game a few weeks back and thought they were moving pretty well.

Has Donnelly got nothing done with the hand yet?

Yeah, the word was he was to have an op on it after the IC championship was over.

Let’s hope there is no long term damage…

1 Like

Thomastown v the bridge at 12 on Saturday should attract a huge crowd. First time they’ve played since bennettsbridge went up, as well as the local rivalry. Bridge have really strong 15 with a mix of experience and young lads like the hughes’s.
Dicksboro and village in another local derby. Village are really short of star quality and need likes of Ed McDermott and couple of other young lads to make an impact.

1 Like

Will Thomastown be able to take the crowd?

How come it’s not a neutral venue?

They probably tossed when they’re so close.

1 Like