Kilkenny GAA thread

Do tell.

Rumour I heard was that the two lads in Waterford, Kirwan and Harney who were blocked from transferring to Clonea Power, were going to Glenmore :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Interesting, hadn’t heard that. Glenmore are struggling at the minute and a relegation battle looks to be looming; all sorts of stories about hassle in the camp doing the rounds.

Who’s training them?

Maurice Aylward, he has a great track record in club management but must be heading for 80 at this stage.

1 Like

Is he Mark’s father?

What’s their clubs?
Clonea Power would be nowhere near Glenmore. You can’t just transfer around the county like that.

Kill and Bunmahon are their original clubs. Both are part of Stradbally parish but have their own separate clubs. They would have previously played with Dunhill before they got relegated last year.

1 Like

Uncle I think. Must have trained half the clubs in kk as well as st mullins and others too probably.

Yeah like how would that work? Was mentioned crkc radio on Monday so must be something in it.

James stephens suffered their 3rd defeat against bennettsbridge this evening. 5 - 19 to 1-18. Diarmuid Cody didn’t play and brassil went off, so they are really struggling. 4 or 5 minors played.
Almost certainly be in the 1st round champ /relegation play off. Can’t see them going down though.

2 Likes

And they always make the semis at least. Is Cody still over them?

He is. Won’t be a happy camper. Eoin Larkin with him as well.

They simply don’t have the players. They are hoping their current crop of 16-19 year olds like McDermott x2 and Lauhoff come good or else they’ll likely see more of the relegation semi finals.
Comer & Clare probably favourites to go down.

1 Like

By all accounts they will walk the minor this year. 4 of them played tonight. Scoreline flattered Bridge. A huge team. Kelly at 4 for them is a good yoke.

Couple of interesting matches today. Thomastown tullaroan especially will tell a lot about ’ ttown. John Donnelly probably the best hurler in the county at the moment, with a strong support around him.
Glenmore need a win or at least a good performance against the boro. Interesting to see if these rumours about transfers are true.

In intermidiate lisdowney and young irelands should beat dunnamaggin and blacks and whites. Tullogher and St martins should be close game.

1 Like

4 minors on the senior team is a bad sign. I don’t remember one playing senior in my time

1 Like

Uncle.

2 special junior titles on the spin for Threecastles, begob. The way the town is expanding they’ll be eyeing up senior in 5 or 10 years.

2 Likes

You were taking your life in your hands playing out there 20 years ago.