Kilkenny GAA thread

The ‘Lockes beat and bet well by Barrow Rangers. 12 points in it, though it was high scoring from both sides.

An controversial win I believe. Managed by a Freshford man and all.

I live in a townsland on the borders of Freshford, Threecastles and Tullaroan and we are absolute blow-ins
I was at the match today and am delighted for Threecastles, we set up an athletics club recently and we train on their pitch and they’ve been so welcoming and generous to us.
The Threecastles centre back has made a huge difference to them since he has come home from Australia and opted for Threecastles.
Before he went, he’d played with Freshford and was on their first team.

5 Likes

Eoin McGrath was home for a month and hurled the first 2 games - that’s how those points were won.
He’s gone back now so expect more batins.

1 Like

Amazing how the 2 promoted teams thomastown and tullogher are lighting it up so far. 3 wins each. Usually promoted teams happy to stay up. Ttown must be no 3 in the betting behind loughlins and ballyhale. They’ve only scored 2 goals though which must be a slight concern.
Goals no problem for tullogher on the other hand, another 4 today in an entertaining match against St martins. Wally went off near the end with what looked like a groin injury after scoring 2-2.
A player who really impressed me was martins Brian Cody who was outstanding. Must have got at least 6 from play from midfield /centre forward. What age is he does anyone know?

3 Likes

They were always a decent crowd around there.

A multiple Irish Hop Skip and Jump champion lives in Threecastles. @ironmike 's former PE teacher. He’d be a great asset to an athletics club.

Went to school with a few very proud Threecastles lads back in the day.

Fuck Freshford!

Me too. One of them was involved in last year’s victory, aged 46. Not sure if he’s back this year.

1 Like

Fair play to slieverue. Great come from behind win over graiguenamanagh. Graiuge strange team, plenty talent with lads who have played under age with kilkenny but can’t seem to find consistency.
Galmoy another nice win against piltown inspired by the drennans.

1 Like

Graig dominated the 1st 40 minutes and lead by 8 early in the second half but once Slieverue upped the intensity for the last 20 Graig were blitzed. Hard to know was it a fitness issue or a mental one. Piltown typically hard to predict again this year; beaten by the Lockes on day one, then they bet Windgap who are probably second favourites to win it out before getting hosed by Galmoy at the weekend.

Appears to be very little between any of the chasing pack outside of Windgap and Lachtains. If they get drawn against each other in a quarter or semi final it will be interesting to see who comes up the outside to take the other final spot.

1 Like

Ballyragget should be best of the rest if they have most of their best players like the brennans and k Kelly.
O loughlins will be strong from section by.

why wern’t any of the Mullen’s on the Ballyhale panel at the weekend?

Darren - Australia
Paddy - Injured
Adrian - Suspended still? Was sent off in the first round match.
Kevin - possibly travelling too?

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Vereker is a great Waterford and Waterford hinterland name.

Presume that’s a son of John Power’s on the bench for Windgap?

Jim Power Snr?

1 Like

Nrs 8, 13 and 22 are his sons as far as I know

1 Like