Kilkenny GAA thread

There are five more lads to come back, hopefully, as regards 2024: Brian Butler, Adrian Mullen, Paddy Mullen, TJ Reid, Niall Shortall (ill at weekend).

The best 2024 team they probably have would be along these lines:

Dean Mason

Dara Mason
Joey Holden
Brian Butler

Evan Shefflin
Darragh Corcoran
Richie Reid

Killian Corcoran
Paddy Mullen

Niall Shortall
Eoin Cody/Adrian Mullen
Liam Barron

TJ Reid
Eoin Cody/Adrian Mullen
Eoin Kenneally

Swop NS and TJR for every third puckout.

But does not look, at minute, as if hunger is still there with quite a few of the players available.

1 Like

Don’t think Mick Power is, think that’s Jim’s son.

What a fuckin mess that whole thing is.

A dog’s dinner of a situation. John himself seems to be part of the Windgap junior C management ticket, I saw him standing in on a team photo online there recently.

1 Like

That would make sense alright😂 The transfers that time had me confused as to who was who. I’d say a Windgap Junior title wouldn’t go down well in Callan!

Don’t think it would go down well anywhere in the county, the whole transfer saga stank to high heaven

There used to be a football club in Limerick city, Vereker Clements. Think they’re gone now.

1 Like

Love to see them getting beaten in another cop final. By anyone!

1 Like

Vereker Gardens is across the road from the Maternity Hospital.

I worked with a few Verekers over the years. They were all Limerick people, born and bred.

1 Like

Wow. There used to be a fruit and vegetable shop in Ballybricken in Waterford cc @johnnysachs called Verekers. At Christmas we used to get Vereker Clementines.

4 Likes

Did you ever buy anything from the Amish bakery in Rathgormack? Think they are the only Amish community in Ireland up there.

No. There is an Amish community in Dunmore. They have a shop called Jaybees at the turn off for Woodstown on the Dunmore Road. They do fabulous baked products as well.

1 Like

Portlaw was a Quaker town sure.

Bread is good, buns & cakes savage too

1 Like

A TFK exclusive.

1 Like

They played last week in Glenmores draw with the Boro.

How is Fionan Mackessy from Kerry hurling with O’Loughlin Gaels?

Working and living in KK.

I meant how is performing since he moved to them?!

Good from what I hear. OLG flying it.

He got two beauties on debut anyway but wasn’t that prominent in general play. I haven’t seen him since.