Kilkenny GAA thread

He played midfield in the last match against 'Comer but was taken off at halftime. OLG were 23 points to 7 up at that point.
They won 2-33 to 1-08

2 Likes

Who was it that they hammered at the weekend, Clara? Scored 33 points. Limerickesq

Comer. Comer were down a good few.

Clara beat Shamrocks.

1 Like

He’ll be an addition to their forwards, the weakest part of their team. Got motm against mullinavat in 2nd game.

The waterford lads after making a difference for glenmore. 1 point win over Thomastown.
With the village in their last game a win and 5 points would surely make them safe.
Bad result for the boro.

2 Likes

Very entertaining weekend of hurling between going to matches and listening to the radio. Kclr and crkc giving unreal service.
O loughlins look miles ahead of everyone, maybe bennettsbridge could challenge them. Shamrocks wiil need some injuries to clear up for that 1st round with the village. The boro struggling too. Clara and glenmore improving.

Group a of the intermidiate very competitive. Rower danesfort and carrickshock on 4 points with conahy and carrickshock on points.

Tullogher beat gowran by a point today without Walter walsh in a hard hitting gruelling match. Gowran have some big units like seamus Farrell and drea at 14 who caused havoc.
Fair play to tullogher with 7 u20s starting to beat a genuine contender like gowran. Colman o Sullivan, cian Donoghue very good.
Fenians caused their usual surprise by pipping st martins.

3 Likes

If Fenians beat Blacks the next day they stay up once again? I saw most of it on Clubber and they were the better team by far.

John Mitchell would have approved of Fenians beating blacks.

7 Likes

Windgap beat the Lockes by 4 points. We missed a last minute peno and had a goal disallowed. Am being told we’re not far off it.

Hard to get a read on the Lockes, bet Piltown and then could only draw with Cloneen. Hammered by Barrow Rangers who I would expect they to be competitive with, and then competitive with Windgap who I would expect them to be hammered by?

1 Like

But you’d hope that a local derby again Windgap would up the performances of the players.

1 Like

More Power says ould Power when young Power was born.

1 Like

Yes cos gowran should beat st martins. Looks like blacks and whites will go down regardless.

Junior results all over the place apart from St lachtains who are tipping along well.
Barrow rangers have bounced back well after that hammering off galmoy. Galmoy seems stronger this year with Jason and Nigel Stanley and niall drennan an addition too.
Slieverue beat emeralds as usual.

2 Likes

Looking at results St Martins look a beaten docket too. Gas how Johnstown are still surviving at that level.

Yep the junior has been very unpredictable so far; Lachtains definitely favourites at this point but peaking a little early may be their only concern.

Slieverue have a bit of an Indian sign over Emeralds, we’ve played them nearly every year since they came down from intermediate and almost always come out the right side of a 1 score game. Got lucky yesterday, draw game with time just up and a long distance free dropped short was fumbled into the net by their keeper.

Lachtaíns were flying this time last year as well, then were falling over the line in quarter and semis. Think windgap will be thereabouts.

Is Paul rockett hurling for ye this year or Niall Walsh?

Neither, Rockett is in Australia and Niall has finished up. Hips are giving him hassle, young family and building a house. Doesn’t owe the club anything in fairness to him.

I watched 2 matches on Clubber this weekend. Thomastown v Glenmore and Tullogher v Gowran. Just when I thought the game was going soft these 2 games have restored my faith in the game. Massive intensity and hits in these 2 games. Great to see the physicality involved, well done to all 4 teams in 2 very good matches.

1 Like

There was alright. Eoin Murphy got a bad shoulder injury and Michael Walsh of gowran got laid out too. Didn’t move for 5 minutes but thankfully he got up and walked off, albeit he looked fair shook. Total accident what happened though.
Ted drea is a player really impressed me, great hand and can take a score too. Would Lyng call him up? Mikey Carey was good-ish but didn’t blow me away.
Lisdowney look the team to beat at intermidiate.