Kilkenny GAA thread

I was very disappointed in Carey. Does not impose himself on the game and his skill levels are very mediocre. Tullogher look a much slicker outfit

Wonder what kind of team ballyhale will have for next week? Eoin cody was in a boot last week but he’ll probably line out.
Where has Adrian Mullen disappeared to since he got sent off against ballycallan? Strange.
Village will be really up for this and their young lads are better than ballyhales young lads.
Been playing better than results would suggest.

The ‘Lockes again close but no cigar. Two point loss to Galmoy.

Galmoy 2-21
John Lockes 3-16

These league and shield finals next week are some nonsense. Rather than reward teams with a week off for qualifying for the 1/4s they make them play a meaningless match which no one wants to play for fear of picking up injuries.
Do the co board have any cop on at all

1 Like

You’d think in a one sport county they could space out the games a bit better.

3 Likes

Yeah the father was complaining about that the other day. A glut of games. Intermidiate will be playing 5 weekends in a row with 1st round next week and then quarters.
Lot of injuries, Eoin Murphy finished for the year with bad shoulder injury, Eoin cody, wally Walsh richie hogan Darragh corcoran all injured.
How they do in the dual counties i don’t know.

Ye didn’t use the month of July for games when it was available, I honestly would go as far to say the the shield finals in Kilkenny are the most pointless club championship games in the country.

Heard that the GBc mgmt team walked at the weekend only 7 days out from championship. Players continually beering. New mgmt led by Richie O’ Neill in for the week.

Outstanding. Well done them

Declan Browne was over them I think?

Richie O’Neill lives up that way now.

They had Eugene Cloonan over them for a season or 2 a few years back which seemed a bizarre arrangement given the distance involved.

He played a key part in the history of that club.
Agree re the shield final especially. There’s some excuse for the league final.

Twas Browne alright. Makings of a top 4 team there if they got it together.

1 Like

Cloonan either works or did work for the same company as James Ryall so think that’s where that started.

1 Like

That’s a mad one. And they’ve outperformed expectations with a promising team. Hardly beat the boro this weekend though

Goal in the club final scored with the GBC full backs hurl?

1 Like

The game that broke Denis Byrne :cry:

1 Like

I was at that game. Can remember very little of it as I was out in Rathmines the night before with all the GBC lads I went to school with the night before. Twas some session.

Big weekend ahead for a lot of clubs. First round championship and relegation semi finals.
I’ll ignore the league and shield finals because they will be just giving Fringe players a run and trying to avoid injuries.
Senior
Bridge v Clara. Have to fancy the bridge here, although they’ve been a bit up and down. Clara only scored 2-11 last week against m’ vat which won’t do.

Dicksboro v g’ ballycallan. Hard to know will graigue management resigning affect them positively or negatively. If boro want to be contending they have to win this.

Glenmore v erin’s own. Comer don’t really score enough although fogarty got 4 from play last week. Ciarán wallece is back but conor Delaney went off injured. Glenmore by 5 or 6.
Ballyhale v James stephens. This should attract a huge crowd to callan and is on tg4. All depends who ballyhale have. If Mullen Cody and tj play hard to see them not winning, although village have been going well last 2 games.

1 Like

Eoin Murphy out for Glenmore apparently with a shoulder injury.

That’s right. But they still have a lot of good players plus the 2 waterford additions.