Kilkenny GAA thread

Some going by thomastown. Made mullinavat look like a junior team. It’ll be a fascinating to see how they do against o loughlins.

Different gravy as they say….

I cannot. After reading Raymond Crotty’s wiki page I think I may need to rebrand!

Mullinavat probably aren’t much better than a junior team in fairness.

1 Like

Senior 10 years? Availed of a soft enough draw to reach a semi-final though. The likes of a Tullaroan or a Dicksboro surely would’ve beaten them too.

Confirmed, Raymond Crotty and Mick/ Kieran Crotty were first cousins.

1 Like

He’ll be an automatic starter in my opinion

Where would he play?

He was centre back with Kerry but wore 12 yesterday for O’Loughlins?

For Kerry, he would be capable of playing in any position from 5 to 12 inclusive. Possible also 14.

Hard to know his best position, I would say half back.

1 Like

Haven’t seen enough of him to say but the team badly needs a freshen up and some new impetus so he would definitely be worth a run in the league.

I think he’s a very decent half-back and I think KK need a half-back.

A half-back line of Carey Blanchfield Mackessy could be decent if it worked out.

Where would you put Paddy Deegan?

I’d push Carey to MF

Corner-back, probably. Possibly a slight waste but he does lack a little bit of hurling. He’s an absolute animal and a warrior and I’d have no fear of him in the inside line or tracking a player out the field as most teams do play two inside.

He’d do a job as a workhorse in midfield too but I’m not sure who I’d partner him with out there.

1 Like

He’s a poor enough corner back.
Midfield is the spot for him at inter county level.

1 Like

10 years without Liam and Kilkenny press the emergency button

Flailing is the word you’re looking for.

It doesn’t sound very Kilkenny to me be taking players off Kilkenny. I doubt it would happen under Cody’s management

Cody would sell his mother to win. When Cody had a wealth of talent he could do as he pleased. There were a few incidents and players not acting very Cody like towards the end of his career which he turned a blind eye to.

3 Likes

Talent is talent, doesn’t matter where they come from*. If you’re good enough and qualify and want to play then go for it.

*Apart from Tipp, fuck Tipp!