Kilkenny GAA thread

A Joe McDonagh hurler from Kerry is gonna save Kilkenny.

Its worse than two fellas from Kildare being poached to get Cork over the line in football

1 Like

If the Kerryman can help deliver two AI’s it’ll be worth it. Christ we’d take one to get us out of this famine we find ourselves in.

Or the time they took the Carlow hurler and he was their best forward.

1 Like

We might the 2 Waterford men to hang around Glenmore in the new year too, they seemed to fit in well to Kk club hurling

1 Like

All slagging aside would there be a backlash in kilkenny if they picked Mackessy?

Dublin hurlers have been at it forever. The footballers not so much but Jim Gavin had Paddy Quinn from tyrone on the panel about 10 years ago. Everyone is afraid of Jim so no one said anything.

Tommy Carr had a lad from Roscommon on dubs panel too

Dennis Byrne :KK —>Tipp
Mossy Dowling : Limerick → Tipp → Limerick

Mossy Carroll. Mossy Dowling barely ever left the town of Kilmallock.

12 Likes

My bad! :joy:

Niall O Donoghue. Small lad with a big opinion of himself. I think he moved to dublin in his teens and played a bit of underage with Ballymun.

1 Like

I would of thought Kilkenny would hold themselves to higher standards than picking a player from a Joe McDonagh county.

Dublin did it with Darragh o Connell and i thought that was wrong too.

1 Like

Woolie and Christy O’Connell were discussing high profile transfers on the last podcast, with Mackessy being the main focus. They clearly distinguished between Dublin footballers and hurlers when using examples.

Woolie mentioned the possibility before of Rory Gallagher moving to Dublin when he was with St. Brigid’s. But a move would have drawn undue attention, and given Dublins status as a powerhouse in Gaelic football, the optics wouldn’t have looked right. While not dismissing the hurlers, it was easier to make a case for a transfer in their situation.

I think Rory Gallagher being a massive cunt may have been a factor in the decision making process at that time. Dublin were desperate for forwards around then.

1 Like

They had loads of cunts playing for them that time, one more would hardly have made much difference :smirk:

6 Likes

We could do with a centre back.
I’m open to it happening…

1 Like

Limerick had a Kildare hurler starting last year.

Excuse me?

1 Like

Mossy played for Limerick until 1980. Played for Tipp in 1981, was taken off. Came back to Limerick for 1982.

Matt Ruth was another one originally Kilkenny - Tipp (Intermediate All Ireland ) - Limerick Hurler- Kilkenny Hurler (3 x AllIrelands)

Kilkenny will take the Kerry lad woth open arms. Beggars cant be choosers.

Christian Brother wasn’t he?