Kilkenny GAA thread

Never a truer word. Seeing Deegan score a point off his right had me falling off my seat last summer!

Too busy swanning around Australia while his club got relegated. You’d think they surely tried to get him home for the glenmore match.

Harsh

3 Likes

Tadhg ó Dwyer came home I believe. Pa Walsh came home for mooncoins intermidiate semi final even though they only brought him on the last 10 minutes.

Hoult on now, I’d begrudge no man swanning around Australia or the likes, and shouldnt be expected to come back and bail a crowd out.

They wont be too bothered about him when he’s over the hill, and as in a lot of cases, when a fella gets injured.

1 Like

I’d say he felt like some eejit

6 Likes

That’s actually pretty funny. Did they win at least?

No ha ha

sadface for that guy

And yet you still had a go off me man for not coming back.

You’d wonder why any young fella bothers his bollox play GAA sometimes.

1 Like

Well he could be staying home in fairness now. I’m not sure on that. More light hearted in a way, but I’m sure Mr Cody made inquiries and he obviously said no thanks

Windgap win the first junior semi final as expected by 8/9 points. Not as easy as expected with emeralds only a point behind at half time and getting a very respectable 15 points. Darragh queally to the fore.
Windgap really took over in 2nd half, emmett landy with 15 points, Jack Doyle, James culleton all chipping in.

You would wonder if the fact that they can’t be promoted has blunted the appetite of the village team for the second semi?

How did Killian Doyle go for Emeralds?

Played well in 1st half like most of the emeralds. Windgap lot of scoring forwards.

1 Like

Pity conditions will be so unfavourable today first time I remember senior camogie final being played with a big hurling game.
Lisdowney haven’t looked as impressive last 2 games as they did early in the year. Niall brennan carrying an injury and sweeney went off against mooncoin. Very even team with a lot of physical players, plus dangerous forwards like Brian Kavanagh Liam Dunphy and eibhean mcevoy.
Gowran backs are very solid and hard to break down so today’s weather should suit them. Sean Carey and Ted drea have been 2 of the best forwards in the championship this year but they need more support.
If lisdowney are at full strength I think they are more balanced than gowran and I think they’ll nick it

Thomastown goalie out with that broken ankle he got in the semi.

I heard broken chin. :man_shrugging:

Yea, broken shin and dislocated ankle…

Well done to lisdowney. Questions asked of them in All knockout games but they done enough again today. Gowran will have regrets with a lot of wides especially frees.
Intermidiate will be mad competitive next year with the village coming down and a strong windgap or freshford coming up. Added to gowran danesfort, mooncoin, etc