King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

So you are admitting Dublin needed the money. Be as boastful as you like if it helps with your anger issues.
A level playing field for all would probably end up with you in prison so bless the lord for small mercies I suppose

1 Like

Stay away from him, this cunt would rob an old person down the country, thats what you’re dealing with here

1 Like

He’s made a killing on the M6

Binky, I like you, but go fuck yourself like a good man

4 Likes

I hear this Galway under 21 is changing his name to Mathias De Licked after today

Turlockeen ceart

RIP
Won six in a row club titles with Turloughmore.

2 Likes

Did he have a son who hurled with Dublin or was that a different Qualter?

Not 100% sure but don’t think he had.

Was lucky enough to be taught by him for a while. Even though he was nearing retirement and fairly gently spoken he was still clearly a solid, hard man and had the biggest hands iv ever seen. Despite trying to teach English to a bunch of lads interested mainly in tractors, I don’t remember anyone have a bad word to say about him and there was certainly never anyone brave enough to cause trouble in his class. He had a shinty stick in the school, presumably picked up in an early Scotland v Ireland game. All in all, a great example of what a man should be. RIP.

13 Likes

Declan Qualter from Galway hurled with Dublin in Tommy Naughtons time. He played with St Vincent’s in Dublin. I always thought he was Pjs son but could not be sure

3 Likes

That’s the fella

Pretty sure he is not PJ’s son, but from Galway all right.

There was an Anthony Qualter that hurled in Waterford and with Waterford back in the 90’s, not a native I don’t think cc @Fagan_ODowd might know more

Played for Ballygunner at the time. Could have been on the 1989 Munster Final team. Didn’t hang around too long after. Don’t know if he was related to PJ.

1 Like

Correct - Ger Fitzpatrick being the other blow in

Dec Qualter is from oranmore.

1 Like

Anthony Qualter when he was in Waterford lived in Crooke but for some reason ended up playing for Ballygunner. Moved to Tipperary and played club hurling there with Knockavilla Kickhams.

2 Likes

Just curious… Where’s Crooke?

A former Ballygunner player just said to me AQ – to best of his knowledge – is a Waterford native.

Out near Passage East somewhere as far as I recall. Hence the origin of the term “By Hook (Head) or by Crooke”

4 Likes