I refuse to utter that mans name

Derek is going to Galway via Leix

Tj Ryan

Sean Stack

Antnee Daly will do a fine job

Henry Shefflin.

Heh heh heh

1 Like

Would there be enough mileage in it for Dalo?

1 Like

We could bring training to Maam Valley for him to up the distance

3 Likes

I can’t see where the money would come for either of the klare lads.

Some emigrant sugar daddy maybe.

Any savy ould farmer with a good steep hill will be onto Galway county board this morning to agree terms…

Too many stoneens in mine unfortunately , I’d never forgive myself if Joe did his knee on my ground.

1 Like

I was in the company of an elderly Galway man after the All Ireland final in 2001. As far as I can recall Joe Rabbitte had won a lot of ball that day but got bottled up and was unable to play it a lot of the time. Somebody in the company was making that point and the old man shook his head sadly and said. “Joeen doesn’t have the trickeens”.

6 Likes

You’ve a terrible recollection. He was constantly fouled but referee pat o connor whos father and wife are from tipp and who’s wife worked for south tipperary county council was ensuring the title for tipp. That elderly gent probably lamented joe didn’t dive to win frees, a la Padraig Maher.

12 Likes

TNH

It was more the lovely expression the old man used that I wanted to convey. However I am not surprised to learn that you have another referee related conspiracy theory to explain away another Galway loss

1 Like