King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Watched it there. The Joe Rabbitte thing is a complete myth, he won the ball a few times and hadn’t a clue what to do with it. He actually got a very handy free for running over Paul Ormonde at one stage. Galway lost because they hit about 10 ridiculously bad wides from inside the 45. Kevin Broderick and Liam Hodgins were excellent, probably the two best players on the field

The ref had no impact on the game, some bad decisions on both sides. Fergal Healy took about 10 steps for his goal and Eoin Kelly was not given one of the clearest frees ever for the goalie holding his hurley towards the end

:rofl: sure ya did. You’re the poster who thought the pelanty given to kk in 2009 was phantom, and when a clip of it was put up here you denied the obviousness. And lets not forget ‘charleville will destroy oranmore’ you are a figure of mirth for real hurling men

It was phantom. Kilkenny players playing on the day have admitted it was phantom

Anything to add on the 2001 final?

Outside of JJs obvious wind up who else said it?

Not a wind up. You think that players can take 10 steps and then be fouled outside the box and it should be a penalty.

Are you going to refute anything I said on the 2001 final with actual facts or specific examples?

Here’s another Kilkenny player playing on the day saying it shouldn’t have been a penalty

:rofl: ten steps!

Now you realise your stupidity you are trying to confuse the very clear foul (you previously said didn’t happen) with steps. I clamped ypu on this previously.

I just watched the 2001 final there. Rabbitte was continuously held under puck outs but pat o connor ignored blatant frees, and was the only reason tipp won that. Similar to 89 when the gaa gifted tipp an all ireland as they hadn’t the men for galway. Which is exactly like 2015-present bar a few injuries actually.

You don’t understand droll wind ups. Tipp lads have zero personality.

:grinning: The whole thing? Did you watch the build-up and half time analysis as well?

1 Like

That’s two Kilkenny players playing on the day admitting it shouldn’t have been a penalty yet we still have this Tipp obsessive thinking the ref was completely right to award it

Pat O Connor ignored as many blatant frees for Tipp as Galway. Galway got a goal where Healy took 8 steps in the build up, Tipp got no decision which effected the game like that. Galway hit about 10 wides from inside the 45, nobody to blame but themselves. Rabbitte was playing corner forward on Paul Ormonde. Very few puck outs were anywhere near them

No just the game itself. I’m off this week and we have it on video

Cyril is on co commentary and his only comment on the referee is towards the end of the first half when he says that Richie Murray is lucky to get a free as he had ran for 8 or 9 steps

Twas as bad as '89. Having said that, if we had a proper centre back that day we would have won.

So you always agree with Kilkenny players calling a big decision post game. So you admit richie hogams red this year was very very questionable?

In both games, yer centre back was one of yer best players

1 Like

Pure robbery but tipp have often needed a helping hand from officials

Where was Keady in '89?

1 Like

I said at the time that I thought Richie Hogan’s red was harsh. Most people don’t agree with that though and by the letter of the law it’s a red

Some cheese eating rat tipp bastard squealed. The english planters in the north and south riding know nothing of having to go the states for work to keep things going

He broke the rules of the game so was suspended. His replacement was Galway’s best player on the day

1 Like

We’ve been through this before. The injustice is that a Tipp player broke the same rules and played in the SF. If this was not known before the SF (it was) it was well known after the SF as he was dropped off the panel for the final.

The Galway Tipp SF of 1989 should have been replayed, or Tipp should have been thrown out for playing an illegal player.