King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

One point game, Galway asleep since the goal

Penalty shoot out incoming

Mayo with a free to win it here

Short

The midfield pairing for Galway juniors this year were 2 lads from Corofin, eligible to play because they didn’t play senior championship for the club. If they went back to 2 clubs again, Corofin and Belclare, they would both be among the best teams in Galway.

As in two separate clubs?

They are an amalgamation, albeit nearly 100 years old. They have pitches in both Belclare and Corofin, both setups would be the envy of most rural clubs. The pitches themselves are about 5 miles apart as the crow flies.
I’m told there are some tensions starting to emerge, understandable too when you see lads starting for the county at U20 not even making the panel for the senior team.

What are their 2nd team like? They must be ridiculously strong.

From what I have seen there’s something like 7 Galway under 20s from the past 2 years nowhere near getting a game for their senior team.

They play intermediate and division 3. Can’t get promoted in championship and nobody goes to watch them so motivation would be fairly low, I don’t think they bother much with regrading lads either so best player they have might be the 25th best lad in the club. Lads who play county u20 but can’t make senior team tend to drift away rather than play intermediate.

2 Likes

IMG_20200211_091243

IMG_20200211_091246

IMG_20200211_091610

1 Like

No wonder Galway senior team are on the wane. Lot of uninspiring sides in senior championship.

You have a serious issue with Galway hurling for some bizarre reason. What club championship doesn’t have a majority of mediocre teams?

2 Likes

Group a the toughest

Mediocre champs shouldn’t be getting bye into all Ireland semi. Time for gaa to change that rule.

Harsh on the very weak munster championship

1 Like

The very weak Munster champions have beat the Galway champions a lot in recent years

If I’m not mistaken portumna beating na pairsaigh in 2015 was Galways champs last win v a munster or Leinster team.

We’re not talking about leinster, thats a very strong provincial championship. Im on about the piss poor munster championship. How many munster champions this century?

We’re talking about the here and now and the Galway championship is not what it once was. A fairly uninspiring Thomas’ team is dominating it