King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Unstoppable my bollocks. He waved at it as it went by. He was one of those big hognailer boots goalie there for his kickout. Stone useless in the grand scheme of things.

It was well hit. It wasn’t unstoppable.

Tis easy from the ditch.

Very underrated. Was it himself that flaked Rochford in the Connacht Club?

If he had kicked it from the ditch O Keeffe still wouldnt have stopped it.

:smiley:
I remember Alan Mulholland flaking Tomas Tierney above in castlebar wan time, and as there was fcuk all of us there, we nearly got lynched.

1 Like

Threw it away the first day

1 Like

Clancy was a super player in his own right but surrounded by even more talented forwards he probably didn’t get the recognition he deserved. A bit like Niall Finnegan before him.

2 Likes

Should have won the first game as you say. went 7 points to no score down before taking over the game after a one legged Kevin Walsh came off the bench. Kerry were just about hanging on by the end. Savo of course missed a huge opportunity to put PJ clean through with time almost up.

Replay was a strange affair. Got a good start with one of the greatest All-Ireland final goals ever but never really kicked on. The game petered out and Kerry won relatively handy.

Ja was a big miss that year and Kevin Walsh was severely hampered by his injury. Especially in the replay.

4 Likes

Dublin v Galway 83 on eir sport1 now. Just to bring ye cunts back down to earth

1 Like

Savo off the wrong foot into the goalies hands iirc. John Donnellan missed a big looping effort too.

1 Like

Is there a camera in the tunnel to show dublin scum only taking lads on when they outnumbered them?

1 Like

It was 12 against 14 on the pitch and we done alright.

1 Like

Some strike there from Ciaran Duff

1 Like

John O’Leary was very good. What year did he retire?

Have Dublin only had 4 championship goalkeepers in 50 years?

I think he went around 96. Davy Byrne took over then before Cluxton debuted around 01.

Galway should have won that game 15 on 15.
I’ve no quibble with the result. The dubs deserved it, and I don’t recall it being that bad at the time. Even the kick on the ground was a half hearted prod really.

Don’t think Savo ever scored in croke Park at snr level… Few time in that game passes weren’t given

Really? Not great going for the fastest man in ireland

Very underrated and fierce versatile as well.

Marked Ciaran McDonald in a Connacht final in ferocious heat in Salthill around '05. Played very well and was well able physically for McDonald. Knew his father as well. A gentleman RIP.

4 Likes

Surely he did.

I though it was him that dropped it short in the first game in 2000.