King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Savos tenacity made him a fan favourite for our generation. I have almost no memory of val daly similarly but everyone swears he was a genius

1 Like

Hard to argue with much of it, McNamara being the best keeper shows that it’s not just the hurlers who struggle to find a great one. Bergin is probably the unluckiest lad to miss out, I know some didn’t rate him at all but he was very good in his early days.

Should be in ahead of conroy

4 Likes

Would be the obvious swap but I don’t know if there was much between them, Conroy might have looked an even better player if he was surrounded by the lads of 2001.

1 Like

Bloody hell I’d prolly have Tom Flynn in ahead of Jor Bergin

surely a better picture of Ja to be got!?

True but conoy was never at a level where hed be considered young player of the year. Obviously he never had a long run in the championship to help that.

1 Like

Should have went for a topless one

1 Like

Exactly, Bergin was found out pretty quick once KW moved on. Fine player don’t get me wrong and did the business when needed in 01, but was flattered by landing on the last year or so of the 98-01 era

I don’t agree at all but he was that type player, he really split opinion. To perform at the sharp end of the championship you have to be able stand on your own 2 feet. Watching back matches from then over the past few weeks and he was excellent in his early days. He was still one of the most effective club footballers in the county a few years back when I was watching, bringing M/M to the latter stages of the championship. Conroy is a fine footballer as well though, just came through at a bad time.

Tempus Rerum Imperator

Galway Bay fm did their one today too, picked by their sports team. I stopped reading after I saw who they picked at no 4

Bradshaw?

Dunno but I’m thinking GOD

Gemma? Out there choice you’d have to say.

Alan Keane was a better goalie.

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Hanley

Most overrated back in history

2 Likes

That’s a fact… He wasn’t even close to been salthills best back… They had a lad at cb and another at wing back that I used to hate marking… Far better than Hanley

1 Like