King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Damien Hayes was a class act and consistently so.

1 Like

Think it was 2006/2007ish when Hayes scored a cracking goal at the Hill 16 end in an All-Ireland quarter final. I think it might have been against Tipp…??

I was at the match in question but my memory is going. :see_no_evil:

2005, tipp in the quarter, kk in the semi but never turned up for cork

1 Like

Watched brief highlights of it there on YouTube, he fucked the Tipp defender Hugh Moloney out of the way and buried it.

Big Micheal Webster did untold at the edge of the square in the first half. Not even Redser coming on could save Tipp.

Who was the Galway hurling manager in 1990?

Are you putting together a quiz on PowerPoint by any chance?

Im not. I did one last week with no fancy shit.

I am helping a fella with questions for one alright

Cyril.

Thanks…he had some tenure there so

I think Mattie Murphy came after him but could be mistaken, feel like there was another lad in there somewhere. Cyril came back again for a stint in the late 90s along with Joe Cooney iirc. Noel Lane came after and got shafted which was an awfulu pity, if we’d held on to him we’d have more All Irelands this century than Kilkenny

2 Likes

Jarlath Cloonan there at some stage? Or is my memory playing tricks

Late 90s

Sounds about right to me but I’ve had a long day. There was definitely some big managerial controvesy at some point in the 90s I think we kicked someone out after a year, maybe it was Cloonan. We dumped most players after about 5 minutes back in the 90s so hope he’s not feeling too sorry for himself whoever it was

It went Farrell, Cloonan, Murphy, Farrell, Murphy, Lane, Hayes, Loughnane, McIntyre, Cunningham, Donoghue. Murphys second spell was the shortest at 1 season, McIntyre and Loughnanes spells the most pitiful.

4 Likes

The name McIntyre has chilling effect on me.

1 Like

Hard to believe he was ever considered to be the solution. Supposed to be a nice man though.

He’s an egomaniac

2 Likes
1 Like

Great scenes. Although not half as batshit mental as 98.

98 was a very loose 2 weeks