King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

I wouldn’t be making a priority of raising it every time I see a poor club progress in Galway. Sars aren’t anywhere near where they were certainly.

Galway clubs bye into all Ireland semi is a joke considering the poor standard.

Don’t let it keep you awake at night

Munster clubs bye is a joke considering the terrible standard and record

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Some sickening for Craughwell this evening. 5 point up in injury time and lost it.

1 Like
2 Likes

The Mannions are made of great stuff. Nice to see Thomas Monaghan get a tidy score there too, he looked like he was going to make a real mark on the county team a couple of years ago.

4 Likes

Serious finish from Padraig Mannion. But criminal stuff from Craughwell not to see it out when they’re 5 points up going into injury time.

Sarsfields are a serious banana skin for Turlough next week.

Second week on the trot that AF have banged in 2 goals in injury time to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Quarter finals

Loughrea v Liam Mellows
St Thomas’ v Killimordaly
Turloughmore v Sarsfields
Cappataggle v Ahascragh-Fohenagh

1 Like

3 Likes

6 of the 8 teams in the senior draw from within 15 miles of Eyre Square, 6 of the 8 teams in the intermediate draw from north Galway. Football is gone soft, a few farmers in the team is no advantage anymore.

Sure the same team of farmers has won for most of the last decade?

3 Likes

Corofin unbackable to win the senior but Moycullen have been super impressive in the group stages. Racking up some big scores and a pile of goals. They have some really talented young players and are doing it without Peter Cooke who is still in the US I believe.

In the intermediate I would fancy Shane Walsh to drive Kilkerrin-Clonberne up to senior finally. Dunmore or Cortoon the next best.

1 Like

Is young Conneely from Moycullen up to county standard Iggy?

Not at all, the city has come out to meet them now which is why you see lads with top knots line out for them. They are even captained by a relocated townie sure.

He’s been brilliant for them this Summer. Obviously the lack of size doesn’t help him but a bit like Ian Burke he’s very clever with his movement. Deserves to be involved anyway.

Moycullen have Sean Kelly from the county side and his brother Paul has been excellent for them also. Big, athletic lad from a basketball background. I’d say he could be knocking on the door of the Galway squad soon enough as well. Young McLaughlin who was midfield for the Galway minors last year has stepped up to senior football seamlessly. He will play for Galway for many years to come but probably a couple of years away from senior intercounty just yet.

4 Likes

Good synopsis :+1:. Saw the younger Kelly underage alright and he looked to have it all, probably a better all round footballer than Sean. Fair call by Moycullen to make Conneely captain so young. He’s a deadly forward, bit more physique than Ian burke probably.

Add in Johnny Heaney (I believe Patrick sweeney is playing savage stuff too) and Matthew Tierney and you’ll have a good few westboard lads for PJ to consider

Edit. Mcloughlin wasn’t on my radar at all but I see you rate him very highly.

I’m a big fan of Cooke too, hopefully he returns

You’re sounding more suited to the Limerick hurling fraternity here.

Ya kc pick of the bunch this year, cortoon next I’d say followed by dunmore

1 Like