King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Are you @peterswellman @Iggy?
From Peterswell :thinking:

An Spideal have a hurling team?!

What’s a preliminary quarter final?

Ditto Oughterard and Moycullen. Football has become too rough for the fashionable GAA wives in the Westnorth so they are focusing on the more skillful sports now

1 Like

Didn’t realise Sylane were operating at that level, great effort to keep the game going there.

Definitely not lol.

1 Like

Spiddal have a huge crossover of lads playing both too. I think 12 of the panels play both.

A nice soft draw for Killimor.

Decent enough one. A classic rural team with several lads who could play senior, and a few dragged over from other sports to make up the numbers.

The Loughrea team that got to the All-Ireand Club Hurling final in 07 also made up the majority of the team that got to the Junior A football club All-Ireland final the following year.

Moycullen went senior a few years back. Were given a two year run, and went back down, but they’ve been hurling for a while. It was always a football town back in the day. The population must have increased twenty fold since the 80’s though.
They are apparently hateful (I was told this by a good pal who got stuck doing umpire in an u12 match involving S-K and Maighcuilinn. He’s a surgeon in the regional so wouldn’t be overly bothered, but he said he flagged a ball wide, which looked wide, and the other umpire called him a Towny cunt, and threatened him).

1 Like
8 Likes

Did Portumna make a recovery? Canning back?

What the hell is wrong with Tynagh-Abbey Duniry?

See Kiltormer in the relegation play-offs to go junior, and Caltra I’m fairly sure are in the same position in the football. Both former All-Ireland champions, Caltra will bounce back but id say numbers are fairly tight in Kiltormer to keep the club going.

and not a pair of black boots between them.

Apparently both candidates for the hurling manager position have now withdrawn.
You couldn’t make it up.
WTF is going on with the county board??
I’m vexed.