King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

The fact the Kilkenny SH Team is essentially Ballyhale-lite makes this all the more baffling. Its not just one or two clubmates involved.

Kilkenny likely to have a forward line of Reid/Mullen/Cody and possibly Colin Fennelly starting next year.
Holden, the other Mullen, the other Reid and maybe Corcoran also likely to feature.

How is Shefflin going to go up to Darren Morrissey and these fellas to wear timber off his club mates?

“hit him, he’s not your cousin, he’s mine”

11 Likes

Shefflin has his work cut out for him if he has to tell a corner back to ware timber off a fella

2 Likes

“Just do what Greg Kennedy did to me. That worked.”

5 Likes

“Just visualize loughrea** got new kit”

**Insert club of choice here. Loughrea will work for most.

1 Like

Wan bullet…bang bang !

18 Likes

Smashing line re fat trout @Malarkey, kudos :clap::clap:

2 Likes

A grand nod to TFK there in the 3rd paragraph

24 Likes

No river - well done malarkey

3 Likes

The pirate reference is both apt and excellent too.

3 Likes

Superb :clap:t3:

1 Like

A sailor, not a pirate.:metal::metal:

Davy will be seething with @Malarkey.

Beautiful. Well played @Malarkey

2 Likes

Fogarty says he heard whispers linking Shefflin with the position but maintains that his former Kilkenny team-mate kept didn’t drop any hints about his new venture on their WhatsApp group.

“It’s funny you should mention the WhatsApp groups,” he said on OTB AM.

“We have our own of ex-hurlers and JJ [Delaney], Tommy [Walsh], myself and Henry are in it.

“We put up the Davy Fitz is going to Galway [story] and we were saying, ‘Jesus, that’s amazing.’ Henry didn’t say a word.

“I was actually waiting to see because I actually heard it on the grapevine that he was in contention for it and I didn’t know what was going on. I didn’t say it in the WhatsApp group either but he didn’t say anything. He was cute enough.”

1 Like

Superb piece @Malarkey

1 Like

Here’s the best pun of them all

We caught a big one. The old man and the sea (hopefully not)

I liked the pun about the leaks and the none too subtle digs at the wee man from Clare

1 Like

Nice article :ok_hand:

:eek:

1 Like

Not his best work, a bit constipated early but improved as it went on.

The use of the sailor a nod to the counties proud seafaring tradition and indeed the crest, Henry now firmly on board, as one of the lads, not a tyrannical captain. A subtle but important distinction.