King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Which amber?

1 Like

Jaysus surely the one on the Monard side.

The Bansha road.

A grand quiet shop with lovely staff.

There’s a bit too much happening up the Limerick road.

1 Like

You are a fan of “Blunders”?

Still 2 hours from Ballyhale to Ballinasloe although it would cut 30 minutes each way out of Henry’s trip compared to training in Athenry. Or worse again dragging him into Salthill. Not sure how much training they did in Salthill anyway. I’d say it’s off the menu entirely now anyway.

The County Board would save €1.90 e/w in tolls too. And he won’t be stopping at the Plaza for a Supermac on the way home either. You can add N6 Concessions Ltd. and Fat Pat to the list of lads that have been royally mugged off with this appointment.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Surely the Galway manager gets some kind of Supermacs gold card anyway?

From Pat Mc? No chance. At best, the receipts would be deducted from the paltry sponsorship paid to the County Board.

I’m not doubting you about the quality of the road but a quick Google search tells me Ballyhale to Ballinasloe is 2hrs 3 mins.148km
Sixmilebridge to Wexford is 2hrs 41 mins.195km…
47 km of a difference along with roughly half an hour of extra driving time per night, over maybe 3 sessions a week and several months of a season adds up to a fairly substantial difference in anyone’s book.Fair dues to Davy for doing that for what,5 years?

It’s none of my business how either of them were/are about to be compensated,but fuck me that’s some commitment.And especially for Henry seeing as he has a 9/5,a young family and supposedly, a 3 year deal.

Time will tell if it’s sustainable and best of luck to him.I wouldn’t do it for love or money.

1 Like

He needs a Donegal driver

3 Likes

I was timing it to Galway not Ballinasloe.

It is some slog. I presume he has a few lads going up and down that he can share the burden with and shorten the road, so to speak

1 Like

There might only be one car and three lads but there will certainly be three separate milage claims.

1 Like

The training will be in Tuam Stadium per source. Henry is on a mission to root football out of the County once and for all like St Paddy did with the snakes that time

1 Like

Padraig Joyce is close to achieving this all by himself

9 Likes

The arrival of our new glorious Norman leader has certainly helped ease the ever increasing darkening evenings. Henry might (might) get some of our lads to shake a leg.

It also has the usual few from Limerick absolutely hopping. As a result I declare that this has been a decisive internet victory for the gaels of Galway.

13 Likes

We’re really dreading our league encounter

1 Like

Anyone reckon Canning comes back? Would Shefflin ask him?

He’s raring to go.

Seemingly the camogie team were up in his hotel the Monday night after winning the All Ireland a couple of years ago. Even allowing for Loughrea being a thriving metropolis, Monday night would have low occupancy so the ladies asked could they stay. They were offered a 10% discount.

2 Likes

It will be good preparation for Galway’s crunch Championship tie with Dublin.