King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

The warning signs started flashing when he couldn’t handle one auld injury at full back

Twas always a big ask to expect a Limerick man to teach Galway lads anything about hurling. Had he brought some of JP’s cash with him and headed home with the empty bag it would have been something.

3 Likes

I wouldnt say romped but in that replay I think Na Piarsaigh started with an 8-15 of The Dow, WOD, Ronan Lynch, Downes, Breen x2, Peter Casey and David Dempsey with Conor Boylan on the bench which was some array of attacking talent.

Shane Saint was there for the taking at the back for Cuala too but SON couldnt figure out a way to expose him.

Ditto Ballyhale…

I’ve never found Shefflin’s analysis on TSG too insightful. Yes he’s come from a successful background (however all he really experienced is Cody at IC level managing the greatest team that ever played the game where it was Cody’s way or the highway, how will he deal with fellas who aren’t as robotic? How will he deal with supporters and a county board different to KK where it seems players, management were always well looked after etc.), he will command respect, the talent is in the county no doubt…
I honestly believe Davy would have got success with Galway even though he is a headcase…not so sure Shefflin will deliver
When him and Brennan were being mentioned a few years ago in Waterford I didn’t want them anywhere near it. A practice run for the KK job…

They didn’t want it free but twas foolish business to be sending a crowd away on a Monday night after they winning an All Ireland.

We’ll find out soon enough anyhow.
Hard to argue with it in one way,
BUT
It’s Henry Fcuking Shefflin ffs.

The Waterford boys are getting worried that their status as second or third best team in Ireland is under threat.

There’s deadly showldering going on between the also rans for that coveted “next best” title.

They would hate to see one of the others making the break through.

Limericks world renowned insecurity shining through here again I see

3 Likes

A tremendous analogy. Like awarded.

1 Like

Well, they put Mick Church in charge and they couldn’t get out of Limerick…

6 Likes

well said!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: really worried

It looks like Galway used Davy as a Trojan horse while landing their preferred target. Davy won’t like that.

1 Like

Davy will be up in Dublin in 2023.

1 Like

The Galway players would not have him – mainly because of the abuse he has dished out to them off the Clare sideline, off the Wexford sideline.

He will run into the same problem with the Dublin players. Eddie Brennan is more likely to be the next Dublin manager.

11 Likes

The level of Davy’s management tops out at roaring and screaming like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Not that it was ever a style that got results, but it’s at complete odds with the modern world of inter-county sports and the focus on stats, KPIs, and so on. Paul Bellew has taken a leap forward here.

1 Like

So it is your view that senior established Galway players would have been spoken to in relation to their own preferred candidate?
Probably happens in most counties these days I assume to some level.

I’d imagine a few players are on the selection panel for every county.