King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Can you lads fuck off to the cark wierdo thread with this please.

7 Likes
1 Like

What a shite article. From a Mayo cunt no less. At least when we have a good team we can finish the job.

4 Likes

Bit of a faux pas at the end there. Peter Cooke isn’t even available this year.

Went along to watch the hurlers against Antrim today. Galway seem to have an excellent shot stopper in Murphy, made 3 great saves. Killeen at wingback had a grand tidy game, Joseph Cooney done well in the middle and Monaghan was very, very lively. Was grand to see lads like Conor Whelan and Daithi Burke hurling in a field in Louth.
Antrim seem to be going reasonably well again. Good spread of clubs in their starting 15 which has to be a positive for them.

9 Likes

How did it finish up mate?

Good news. Had a few niggling injuries since his cameo in 2016/2017

1 Like

Galway won it 1-23 to 1-17. Not a whole lot to be read into it all, was freezing cold and the pitch was bobbly. Whelans pass to Fleming for Galways goal was a moment of genius but he didn’t stretch himself much beyond that. It seemed to me everytime the ball was played into the corners by Antrim there was a little bit of chaos and a reasonable chance of a score, but everytime it was played into the corners by Galway it hit a bit of a cul de sac. Galway look to me like they need a corner forward with real pace and an idea on how to make space for himself to take advantage of all the attention Whelan gets on the other side.

4 Likes

Hopefully he gets a clear run with injuries. May just be the case that he is a player Shefflin really fancies and it benefits him, he seemed to play with loads of confidence today and was getting good encouragement from the line.

1 Like

Has he bulked up?

Seems that way to me, my memory of him is a light lad but he was solid enough looking today.

1 Like

I was at the Fitzgibbon match in UCD on Wednesday night and Fleming was the standout prospect for me.

2 Likes

Not sure it’ll be this year but he’ll be on the Galway team before much longer I reckon. Physically he’s probably ahead of some of the other young lads and he’s scoring regularly from play now. Granted small sample size so far.

Nice bit of thickness to him as well as befits an Eyrecourt man. Has there been someone from the club playing for Galway since Lynskey? Might be missing someone.

1 Like

Damien Howe?

Did Brendan lucas ever get a run out? Not that I can think of.

Not championship. I’d imagine Noel Larkin got a run out in the league at some stage.

1 Like

He is ignorant and direct alright. A throwback to forwards of the past where sheer doggedness and physicality were sometimes valued over skill. He has looked good at his own age group (Fitz/u-20) so far. However the attributes mentioned above might not be enough against more seasoned opponents this year. He is different alright though and may be a good foil.

1 Like

Has jar mannion had a run out yet?

Yes but those attributes served the likes of Bonnar Maher and Johnny Glynn very well. I also think he has more scoring ability than either of those. Time will tell.

Can you imagine Shefflin trying to overcome the accent barrier below in training these evenings. Whispering to Lally every now and then “what did he say there?”

And then there’s the confusion over Burkes and Cooneys.

1 Like

“Which one fucked that wide?”
“That’s Conor, Henry.”
“So who’s that one with the arse like a bollock?”
“That’s Joseph, Henry.”
“And how many more of these cunts are there?”
“There’s Kevin, John and maybe a Shane to come back.”
“Fucksake”

18 Likes