King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Fintan and Daithi falling out and grunting at each other. One lad in fluent South Galway dialect and the other with half a North Galway twang. Shefflin in between them trying to decipher and calm the situation.

2 Likes

Ah no, in fairness if it’s a wide ball I’d say he’ll know it’s Conor Cooney

8 Likes

The sister was better

Galway down a few defenders. Including first and second choice full backs. Sean Kelly the play anywhere firefighter as usual. Bit wasted playing at full-back though given how influential he can be further outfield. No sign of Comer either just as I thought he finally looked fully fit during the FBD.

1 Like

An Antrim cunt in the forwards. PJ won’t ever be forgiven by us Cunnies.

1 Like

Nobody is ever forgiven by ye connies.

1 Like

Galway people don’t have an accent. They have twangs and lilts, a softness to how they speak…

4 Likes

Is Fitzy dropped or injured? Could be playing Sigerson too I suppose.

Actually a proper old Galway city accent is not dissimilar to a Limerick city one. Not quite as pronounced, but I’ve always found it odd the two are so alike when there’s miles of completely different accents between the two places.

Heard during the week that he picked up a knock of some sort. Lot of these lads have been playing Sigerson midweek and then with the county at weekends recently. Bound to pick up a few knocks. Don’t know about Comer. Played great against Mayo in the first FBD game. Took him off early in the 2nd half and no sign of him since.

Comer allegedly hasn’t a good relationship with Joyce and barely came back for 2022. Wouldn’t shock me if he was dropped for the week.

Soft as the rain falling constantly on their papier mache heads.

1 Like

A proper old Limerick City accent is class, not that put on nasal “Well kiiiiiid” shite

2 Likes

“Limerick it’s not a bad old city…”

1 Like

Fucks seeyak like

A gas match

1 Like

Were Meath shite or are we nailed on to win Connacht this year?

Meath were nothing short of a disgrace. They had a gale in the second half. 6 points return for a second half breeze in Salthill is shameful.

The day was summed up perfectly by a Meath lad (Morris maybe?) handpassing the ball wide twice, where upon the second time a Navanite made an unearthly growl and walked out of Salthill never to return. This was 5 minutes into the second half.

Matty Tierney and the two Kelly’s were excellent. Shane Welsh had one of his better outings too. But it can’t be understated how shit Meath were.

1 Like

Surely they have more chance of competing in a 16 team intermediate championship than a 24 team senior?