King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Pure sickener, just sickening.

Cunt thought he was reffin an u12 camogie game.

Once Whaylan went off we had nothing up front.

1 Like

Sure they’d probably miss

This is 2019 all over again. Drawing with a useless Wexford team and Dublin will bate us minus Whelan. There won’t be win in nowlan park though to sweeten it. Same failings of shit use of the ball abound. And Cannings loss as a ball winning forward acutely felt

1 Like

Cooney going for a goal from twenty five yards with a man free inside was the deciding of the game and the Galway fellas trying to blame the referee.

19 Likes

Galway have both Dublin and Kilkenny in Salthill.

Galway will be grand.

Patience lads, this is a three year project. The young lads have to learn the trade. They’ll learn a lot from a day like today.

3 Likes

They haven’t a prayer of winning either of those games. Mark it

The ref was the other material factor. Galway should’ve won at their ease but the ref disgraced himself…but sure people are well used to that at this stage.

Kilkenny and Dublin are no great shakes.

Galway don’t lose many in Salthill.

Salthill is a Galway hurling fortress

Very negative setup throughout second half.

9 times out of 10 anything they lumped forward was hoovered up by free WX defenders. Just invites pressure which in the end told.

Shefflin will learn a lot from that this evening.

Wouldn’t have lost today either if the ref called blatant pulling and dragging, and wasnt arbitrarily overturning frees.

That suited Galway more than Wexford

Rage is blinding

I wouldn’t be so sure. They’re solid defensively but really lacked firepower the more that went on, especially without Whelan, who they would definitely want back by the time of the Dublin game anyway. The carelessness in their game doesn’t reflect particularly well on the manager. There was a former poster who would maintain that a player going down with a hamstring injury like that doesn’t reflect well on the S&C training either and I might agree with him too.

Galway will be wanting Dublin to beat Wexford, as if Wexford lose to Dublin and Kilkenny, Galway might still sneak in on score difference even if they lose to Kilkenny and Dublin.

I wouldn’t be writing up their chances at all based on that match however, they looked very mediocre (even though they threw the game away), they look a classic case of a team who won the All-Ireland several years ago and are still very largely relying on the same players, minus the best one. Almost never works.

1 Like

This is true

What game were you watching?

1 Like

I’d certainly think so

Surely Niland should have been on the frees

What was the keeper at for McDonald’s goal? Just had to stand by his post and he’d have stopped that scuttery ground pull. The goal gave Wexford a lifeline and renewed energy.

Really poor mistake.

3 Likes