King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Cant see sean Kelly too far out the field. Taught he was poor aginst us in the final around the middle. I rate him extremely highly but think he will play in the backs and keeps his opposite number on the back foot like he did last year. Destroyed us running from deep last year

1 Like

Is it true on both counts?
Flynn can’t have too many seasons left in him.

The halfback line was as far as i was thinking so he can use his legs as you say. Mayo absolutely destroyed us with hard running in Croker in the Connacht final in the second half. Its absolutely key we track them. If we can and its a big if i think we’ll win.

Meanwhile you lads are sitting pretty waiting to pick off the winners :wink:

They’ll win natin**

**The sheeplovers I mean

1 Like

Keith Duggan is always great on this stuff.

Brady was invited to coach the Milltown senior team over the past few seasons. They organised a challenge game against Castlebar Mitchels last year and the hosts fielded a strong team. At the huddle just before throw-in, one of the players issued final instructions and finished with a rallying cry. “Go out there now and there’ s no way we lose to those Mayo f***ers.” Immediately, all eyes turned to Brady. “Sorry Ger,” someone said. “That’s just the way it is.”

:laughing:

5 Likes

Duggan is just a smashing journalist. House of Pain is the best Irish sports book I’ve read

2 Likes

Was Davy Glennon playing against Galway yesterday?

He was according to the radio.

1 Like

An unreal weekend but topped doing those cunts

14 Likes

Drink it in.

1 Like

We got some abuse today (all part of the game and happy to take it but there was an extra bite to Mayo since Tyrone). A great life lesson that just because you’re not going great at a particular moment in time that you’re prior victories rattle cunts decades later.

13 Likes

I hope the 20 Galway supporters in Castlebar enjoyed today’s win.

2 Likes

So true. There’s a sourness to them since last years AI final.

Savo putting it in off the crossbar in '98 still haunts them.

I’d be very slow to write them off in a Connacht final assuming they overcome the Magpies.
Whatever else you say Leitrim never feared the Rossies (assuming we overcome the Fancy Dans).

1 Like

Us 20 roasters were still queued in Ballinrobe 3 hours later too

8 Likes

Must have been Mayo fans going home. Galway City is a Gaa wasteland.

Ballinrobe is a pita to get through at the best of times.

1 Like

When you win and have had a few celebratory bevvies the journey home is just pure bliss.
The knowledge that you’ll get at least another half-gallon and discuss the match with the natives keeps many’s the man going when he should be headed for the scratcher. We’ve all been that soldier… :pint: :pint:

5 Likes

It was mighty back in the day, but them days of porter on the road home are gone.
Best day I ever had was just such a day when bet Leitrim by a point the year we got to the aisf.
Bizarrely Harry McGee was one of the passengers.
Epic day.