King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

A 3.30 throw in is stone useless for beating traffic no matter the direction. You’d be as well off parking up near Father Griffin and going for a bite to eat/pints after the match to let the traffic die down till 7. Then you’ve the roads to yourself.

I’m in no panic home to be fair

Drive to doolin, ferry to Inis Mor, ferry to Inis Mean, ferry to Inis Beag, ferry to Indrevan and thumb to salthill is the quickest

15 Likes

You’ll be within in the Ol’ 55 slurping porter with Benny the Cap at closing time. :pint: :pint: :pint:

6 Likes

God bless the Leitrim créatúr in the terrace that was resigning to abusing Andy Moran for the entire second half

Rossies will have a right cut at us, the cunts.

4 Likes

Salthill a happy hunting ground for the Rossies in recent years. In contrast we usually beat them in the Hyde.

Anybody here fancy a free stand ticket to the Laois match tomorrow? I’ve a late drop out and I’d rather it got used than go to waste.

2 Likes

I’d bite your hand off were I in Galway. That’s a very generous offer.

1 Like

Lads, why in the name of jaysus would you go to that game? Its gonna be a massacre.

Laois have absolutely nothing to play for. Win and they will still need to beat Westmeath anyway the following week. So putting a huge effort into beating Galway is thoroughly pointless.

I’d have put out the U20s.

Galway can get drawn into a match with anybody. We’d need be running up a tally though after the Wexford match.

2 Likes

This first line :clap::joy::slightly_frowning_face:
I think KH has us a different beasht this year though.

1 Like

@Diabhal is not wrong though. That awful feeling you get in your gut when your playing a useless shower like Wexford or Carlow and the locals are finding voice with every score.

11 Likes

There’s nowt like it. Or ten points up against a fancied side and the tide turns.

1 Like

Oh god, there’s nothing worse. Useless cunts are within three points and time is nearly up and there’s a high ball dropping in and around the square. The 'keeper decides he’s coming out for it…

5 Likes
1 Like

I started looking at that thinking it was for the laois game and thinking “fcuk me, I’ve never heard of any of these lads” :blush::slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve never read a better summation of Galway GAA. Fantastic post.

1 Like

Yours was just as good mate.
Galway can get drawn into a match with anybody.

Eight points up against lowly Limerick in Salthill, May 2018. The rest is history.

I meant proper Hurling counties, not some shower who hopped off the rubby bandwagon, onto the Camogie one, then onto a football bandwagon briefly, then back onto the rubby wan, then hurling, and will disembark as soon as their perfect storm of shaved gorillas and money dissipates into retirement and mountjoy.

3 Likes