King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

Four years later and still seething.

1 Like

No, we just werenā€™t talking about you mate. I know it hurts, but if you head back to insta somebody will like one of your posts soon enough.

Thatā€™s beautiful.

It was actually ten up at half time. Against Kilkenny and Clare later in the year we also blew 10 point leads. Thereā€™s simply nathin like us.

1 Like

Waterford under MacIntyre :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

The Scalion aters nearly bet us twice

Driving home from Thurles after those games was like something Radiohead could put a soundtrack to.

3 Likes

It was as bad as anything. The day mullane brought diving over the defenderā€™s arm to an artform.

Ye must be awful dawny over in Galway that ye can never get a free out of a referee.

We must.

Lonergan from Claregalway there is a fine footballer and on the minor hurling panel as well, think there may be another lad in the same position. Its interesting because I was talking to a fella recently from Galway who was seething that a player in his club hasnā€™t been allowed to play any u19 club football games this year because he is in with the minor footballers - minor football management have stopped all lads lining out with their own clubs. Itā€™s a scandal that type of carry-on is allowed.

4 Likes

When ye have double digit AI titles come back and talk to us.

1 Like

I canā€™t say that Claregalway ever stood out to me as a GAA hotbed before but they have 4 on that team. Is it a de facto suburb of the city now?

Yes. Thereā€™s barely any green space now, just an urban sprawl out from town.

1 Like

Pretty much. Growing population there and a brand spanking new modern school with a fair few intercounty players on the staff. Theyā€™ve been hoovering up underage football titles in recent years. Hasnā€™t transferred yet to senior success for the club but still early days.

2 Likes

Fine set-up just over the road from the Turlockeens too

Cheddar gave Galway a couple of very close frights in his previous stint with Laois didnā€™t he? I used to think you could nearly gauge how Galway were going based on whether or not theyā€™d put the so called weaker counties away easily. The warning signs were there early in 2013 and 14ā€™.

1 Like

In 2013 Cheddar had us on the ropes till we got a late goal via Aonghus Callanan with about 5 minutes to go. The wheels fell off completely then against Dalyā€™s Dubs not long after.

Laois had a 21 yard free in the last minute to potentially win it hadnā€™t they?

2 Likes

They did. They should have beaten us that day. Hard to believe we managed an All Ireland four years later.