King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Oh dear

That was my first post on this thread kid. Im still recovering from Drumshanbo at the weekend

1 Like

All good there? A noble enough town in summertime.

The first wave rolled out, the cannon fodder

Great night. Had a bit of grub at the restaurant at top of the town and back to pj macs? The pub is now available for rental so we battered on the about 5ish

I think Kilkenny are a million to beat Limerick tbh.

The general is feeling is Clare are the only team who can beat Limerick this year. If they get knocked out it could mean Limerick take their eye off things a little. Shefflin has a personal gripe with Cody.

We saw it last year in the football. Mayo dump out Dublin and an average Tyrone team beat Kerry the following week as they know they can beat Mayo in the final while Kerry probably think they’ve the all Ireland won with Dublin gone.

Over confidence is an absolute bastard in sport.

Enjoy the few beverages in The Big Tree.

I’m just making out the map of how to get there …

1 Like

was he careless with money??!

1 Like

Limerick lads meeting in The Big Tree @Keadyshouldhaveplayedin89. How nouveau riche.

1 Like

How big of a crowd will ye bring up Sunday Mike?

Our competitiveness across all grades and the cost of dayzil has forced us to prioritise accordingly. Last Sunday’s result will further erode the support for the hurlers. This is the worst Galway hurling team in a semi final in my lifetime. A few hardcore like @Diabhal will still go.

6 Likes

Fear

Galway never feared Limerick.

@Locke - esque. A good effort but there’s room for improvement. Please see the KK thread 2008sh……

2 Likes

I’d say hes not wrong though. Once they get that minor team through though, they’ll be sorted.

Said no Galway hurling supporter ever before.

A lot of lads actually thought Cork beat us in Thurles due to the post-match media coverage. I’m still trying to convince punters that a team with Conor Cooney on frees is in an All-Ireland semi final. It’s not going well so far.

You’d be happy for the poor craytures, to have the chance to have their day out of the daily glumness of Angela’s Ashes land.

1 Like

What’s worrying about Conor Cooney is that as poor as was, he was still easily the best of the half forward line against Cork. Conor Cooney also contributed significantly to the 2017 win so am willing to cut him some slack. You’d think the two whippets beside him would at least hover around him when the ball is pucked down on him and pick up some loose ball. Alas…

1 Like

All jokes aside…

Limerick will bate Galway by 14pts plus