Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

Why would they?

A house is a thing. It gets worn. It gets damaged.

Do not buy a house to rent if you are worried about that. Buy it as a pension fund or for the kids or whatever. But realise you have to up keep it. Its like a business that you know will only break even for 30 years but then you get a pay back.

The attitude to owning homes and/or landlordship is appalling in Ireland. Pompous and status driven

try it sometime

its not feasible for me to have a live in caretaker and allow him set the parameters and control them. the parameters i work to are clearly set out within the lease agreement which both parties sign. thats how the system works, maybe not in your world but as i said what you and your ā€˜landlordā€™ are up to is dodgy as fuck.

2 Likes

i think it was @Fagan_ODowd who correctly stated that anecdotely those living in rented flats were treated with suspicion, it was usually the pursuit of misfortunate folk, down and outs and seperated husbands, poor townsfolk then resided in a council house
its grand if you are in university or first year working , etc but you should really have your shit together by 30

1 Like

i would never rent a house to people on HAP, ever
trying to get fuckers out of the place is next to near impossible, theyā€™ll make clean shit of it also
not worth the hassle
its a landlords market now
colleague of mine in north kildare was renting a 3 bed for 1450
lease up there, new family in, upped rent to market value 1850 and had a q out the door waiting to take it, 2 months deposit up front also

Its a bit harsh, you can have all your shit together by the time your 30 and by the time you are 40 the shit could have exploded and then you find yourself back renting an apartment or sharing a house till the shit gets pulled back together again.

1 Like

ah yeahā€¦ you could get divorced or what not
but if you are single, working in a half decent job at 25 you should surely be able to save 6k a year and have a 30k deposit for a decent place at 30 odd if you have some cop on

2 Likes

whats the story with suburban dubs living with parents into their 30s?
bizarre phenomen

Iā€™ve had an existing tenant in my house for about two years and they recently wanted to go on the HAP scheme - fine, filled out all the forms and provided all the information they require, hadnā€™t heard anything in months and the tenant kept paying rent as normal. in the last few days I was contacted by the HAP agent to clarify a few details and was then informed that when they pay the rent, Iā€™ll be a month in arrears! How the fuck is that right or fair, Iā€™m basically going to have to cover Januaryā€™s mortgage payment as I wonā€™t be reimbursed until the end of the month and when I get that payment Iā€™ll have to use it to cover the next month, Iā€™ll basically be out a months pocket because of this fucking scheme. If the tenant stops paying the rent then Iā€™m out of pocket and they wonā€™t pay me and Iā€™ll never be able to get them out of the house - you try help people and be flexible but you end up getting fucked over.
Iā€™m seriously considering just cutting my losses and putting the house on the market, it costs me so much to run and on tax and fees etc itā€™s not worth my while. Iā€™ll take a nice hit on the place but it should just about cover the loan. Iā€™ve enough of the hassle especially trying to do it from outside of the country.
Some fucking country aye!!

People do not want HAP either Ray. Thats the truth.

This is that pompous cunt Coveney and his complete lack of knowledge of the real world

The councilā€™s often, or at least used to, offer a repairing lease on the property. You basically leased the house to the council and they managed it from there.

Ya but if we are on about the same scheme and i remember correctly the council were slow or at best shabby in keeping their end a d work done wS often low scale to tick a box.

I fail to believe that council work would be slow and to a poor standard

3 Likes

Youā€™re going to sell the house over being out of pocket for one month? Go way you fuckin eejit.

2 Likes

Drama queens these millenials.

Hold on.

Who the fuck am i talking toā€¦

3 Likes

Some shower of hungry cunts on here

1 Like

Iā€™m in mid 30s and nowhere close to owning a house.

Itā€™s grand though. Iā€™ve land to fall back on.

1 Like

Reading the posts here and I feel like I should be saving a lot more than I am at the moment

Iā€™m 40 and more or less the same. Intend paying cash of around 150 in about 4/5 years for an old cottage type place rurally and maybe fix it up over 2 years and extend it over time.

Have my eye on a few places within 10miles of the City.

But the less i have to deal with banks and mortgae cunts and property cunts the better. Iā€™m in no rush.

1 Like

Where do you plan on getting 150k cash from?

Itā€™s not because of that obviously itā€™s the constant cost of running the place and money Iā€™m pumping into it is constant, itā€™s several thousand a year and the place isnā€™t really appreciating so I could be waiting a fair while yet to see any return. Fuck knows whatā€™s around the corner too with Brexit and the economy and Waterford has been left to shit since the recession, Iā€™m thinking that this HAP thing is the straw that broke my back and maybe Iā€™m best off cutting my losses and getting out.