Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

The jibe about you living in a brothel is a family favourite at this stage so hence it was picked up again.
Re the lanzarote jibe. Yeah. Time you changed the record there and stop rehashing old non funny posts.

We’re good, pal. Let’s not allow any truculence to develop here.

any fella still renting a flat in his 30’s needs a long hard look at where he has gone wrong

4 Likes

What about fellas renting a room in a house share in their 30’s? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He who dips the wick must pay for the oil .

1 Like

Or worse yet; in their 40’s :eek:

What about renting a house? Is that ok?

@Brimmer_Bradley, the lad who stayed in a seedy brothel in Galway, lecturing people about living quarters. You couldn’t make this shit up.

It’s nice us landowners can engage with the common man on tfk. In times past we would have rushed by you on horseback without giving you the time of day while you toiled in our fields and fed our livestock. That was wrong and each of you has a value and much to contribute.

4 Likes

These are the type of people i like to surround myself with.

Ireland needs more of this.

1 Like

Was there a fine or anything for the company? If not the legislation really is toothless. Anecdotally it is being breached all over tbe place.

Muldoons:roll_eyes:

Did ye know that there’s 100% tax relief for landlords who rent out to HAP applicants, provided you agree to a 3yr term. Obviously wouldn’t matter to the likes of @mac who is getting paid cash in hand and not declaring it, but for someone else it could be worth thousands more per year.

1 Like

that is on your mortgage interest only, its 80% if you have a normal person as a tenant so its hardly worth the risk.

Whats not normal about people going on HAP.

Some young single mothers are being bullied on to it. Good women working hard but threatened with benefits being pulled if they do not go on it

ill tell you what, let out those rooms of yours to HAP tenants and come back to me then.

2 Likes

HAP caps the rent that you can receive. So lets say that hypothetically you have an apartment in Dublin 4 or Dublin 18 where the rents are currently sky high, having a HAP tenant means you’ve to accept rent at about 75% of the market rate. As a landlord you can still write off mortgage interest against any rent received so HAP doesn’t really give the landlord any real benefit other than assuring the rent is guaranteed to be paid. But if you do due diligence on your tenants, then you’ll unlikely end up in a scenario where you won’t get paid your rent anyway.

2 Likes

And do hap cover damage to the house and that?

They do in their fuck*

*as far as I know

Hey just because you allowed bad tennants or had no parameters in place does not mean they are all like that