Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

What you mean “they’ll cover the rest”? How much can you get out of HTB scheme and is it only on new builds?

I’m all cried out mate

5% of the value up to 400k

example
if value is 300k
FTB you need 10% deposit so 30k in the bank
HTB scheme will give you 5% of the value of the property towards the deposit
in this case they will give 15k, you need 15k so that’s the 30k sorted

there is a stipulation that you need to have paid tax for the last 5 years cc @caoimhaoin @carryharry i think

money usually goes directly to builder
you can see what you are eligible for on revenue online
young lad in work here availed of it and it worked well,

only new builds
solicitor and stamp duty is another 5k…youll need cash then to kit the place out

KBC are very open to this, also if stuck, find a broker
get the bank a/c clean tho for last year, no missed DD and paddy power transactions

2 Likes

You’d only get a kip with €300k. You’d need at least €1m to get a half decent house in Dublin 4, 6 or Wexford.

The country badly needs another recession .

You’d want your head examined to buy a house in North Kildare

2 Likes

The Micks are so obsessed with owning a house that they’ll buy in any shithole estate in some commuter town. The Europeans - renting away for their lives - laughing at us owing money to the banks for all our lives

Lads on here Need to grow up. Swanning off on weekend breaks, eating avocado toast and drinking soya lattes without owning a home is a good way to end living under a bridge and relying on the tfk landed class largesse and good grace (and we won’t be found wanting)

3 Likes

Most European capitals are ghettoised pal.

A version of that article appears every few weeks.

Snowflakes and millennials are interchangeable as are lattes and avocado on toast.

1 Like

The fuckers need to scrimp and Save like other generations to own a home with a 43” LG open fire

4 Likes

+1 mate. I lived like a monk for two years saving for the deposit for my first house.

2 Likes

Snowflakes have no idea. I run a home in Dublin, Wexford and Brussels. I’ll tell you something, they should try it sometime.

10 Likes

:laughing:

No pensions, no houses and sky high rents, the snowflakes are going to finish work at 70 with a tiny government pension and wonder how they are going to make rent.

6 Likes

A mortgage is an investment in your future

Company talk

Until you’ve kids you’re as well off renting but you’d want something solid before they start school and making pals in an area

Ballincollig is wall to wall with such people renting.

A return to mothers staying at home as much as possible means many are not even allowed in the door with a bank.

So what seems to be emerging is get them to a reasonable age and mother goes back to work.

I get what you are saying but unless you are a dopey prick re ting is fine and you should be able to stay as long as you want.

Of course you should, by the age of 25 I had 80k saved.