Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

Of course it’s a terrible look. Gardai have consistently stood idly by when the far right demonstrate and inflict their thuggery and flat earth gobshitery on ordinary people. These are people who are willing to kill, and they get a pass.

But challenge an eviction and you get a battering.

We’ve differing versions of terrible then. For what’s a potentially volatile situation, this seems to have been a fairly measured response. There were no batons, no extreme violence. Nobody seems particularly hurt or injured, civilian or cop.

No eviction is ever a good look but the footage wasn’t terrible to my view. I didn’t see the battering you make mention of

The right to peaceful protest is constitutionally protected

Yup. Not argued that. Arguing that it wasnt what I’d call terrible

Nobody else is arguing that either. Have at it fella

You saw a battering in there too you did? Because a battering would be terrible.

Maybe read the post again

Your position is that it’s ok that the Gardaí moved on a protest while you know nothing about it.

The protest was about an eviction. Given that Gardaí have recently protected people carrying out illegal evictions in high profile cases, I’d say that your default position - which is that this seems grand - is questionable.

Keep up

Meme Reaction GIF

I said, without knowing the background, what was presented as happening wasnt what I’d call an example of terrible when it comes to preparing evictions/removing protestors.

Without knowing anything beyond what’s seen in the video, I didn’t think it a picture of anything terrible. I thought cops handled fairly well and so no battering, no need for far right catcalls etc

He said it was a terrible look doofus, as in optics, and he was right

Subjectivity.

Look into it “doofus”

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Your online gaming persona is bleeding over into here.

This last few posts are a terrible look for you

Lads complaining about the Gardai upholding a court order and the laws of the land in a measured and proportionate way because it offends their Student Union anti-capitalism sensibilities.

Must be a slow night.

2 Likes

The guards are sworn to uphold the constitution and the right to a peaceful protest is enshrined in the constitution

Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.

You also have no right to protest on private property.

Hence the High Court issued an injunction which the Gardai then enforced.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look great for the cops though.