Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

where will he put it all?

Bonfire out the back and they can toast marshmallows together

Attic or attics.

I donā€™t know. I am not aware of Juhys storage facilities.

Just work it out.

Or compromise anyway. Maybe somethings need to be done dealed. Maybe somethings have to stay.

Bit of give and take.

Do you need the stuff? If they want rid of it tell them youā€™ll put it up on done deal and let them handle all the people coming to look at it. Youā€™ll find out quick enough how serious they are then.

1 Like

Thats not their fucking responsibility.

Are you just a lazy cunt who expects others to pay your mortgages and for your poor investements as well?

Or are you a landlord?

There is a difference.

Having rented property for 15 years, I have faced this more than once
In a nutshell No, you donā€™t. They rented the house as-is and if they want to move something out then you can:-

1. Say ā€˜Noā€™ - probably means they wont move in or it gets it the tenancy off to a bad start - Tenant Not Happy - Youā€™ll be re-advertising again soon or they will be petty and ring you to replace light bulbs etc ( Some tenants do actually think thatā€™s the Landlords duty)
  2. Say ā€˜Yesā€™ and possibly be treated like a door mat for the duration, using the give somebody an inch and they take a mile reasoning - Landlord not happy
  3. If they seem like reasonable sorts, sit down with them and say ā€˜Look, if I move stuff out, I have to store it somewhere, this could cost me a lot of extra money (Storage unit in Limerick ā‚¬150-170 pm), are you happy to split the costs of storage?ā€™ - They may say 'No, if they say ā€˜Yesā€™ thatā€™s ideal, and as @caoimhaoin says they have subtly indicated that they obviously like the house and are likely in it for the long haul. If they turn out to be decent tenants you could review that arrangement after 12-18 months. Keep good tenants, there are a lot of cnuts out there. Next question Whatā€™s the minimum you (the tenant) are happy to live with? i.e. the minimum that Juhy has to move and if you can store it without cost as @caoimhaoin says, - Hopefully you hit a point where both are reasonably happy.

you dont know what you are talking about. its a furnished house so he needs to find a tenant who is looking for a furnished house, and those tenants need to find a house that is not furnished.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never made a poor investment decision Kev, so Iā€™ve no idea what youā€™re babbling on about here

1 Like

Did you not back a 1/7 loser before ?

6 Likes

Well thats his call.

Why the fuck did he let them in if he wanted people with nothing.

Of course i know what i am talking about. I have rented houses. I have sub let, i have had cunts in abd had to get them out so i have some knowledge of rights etc.

They have no rights in this case. But so what its just a fucking request.

You are ibviously one of these scumbag landlords who does not understand your real role

wow there, i am a stand up landlord but i am not a charity.

btw, where you legally permitted to sub let that property and did you declare the income to Revenue?

1 Like

What is fucking charitable about being a reasonable person?

As thats all is being asked here.

We all know legally he does not have to do anything.

But only dickheads stand behind things like that. And there is little doubt you are a dickheadšŸ˜‚

I run a house for a neighbour, more or less live there for free, well tiny rent. He gets the rent, i have no idea what he does with it ir what he declares. I do not ā€œmakeā€ money from it.

Ta lads. Some answers. The house is rented to the council in that they guarantee the rent. They select a tenant and install them, I then deal with them like a normal tenant.
Iā€™ve 2 issues with it. Iā€™ve nowhere to put this stuff at all. One of the beds is even a bed belonging to the house Iā€™m renting now which I moved over there when we moved into our place.
I donā€™t mind done dealing some of it, but if something happens to this tenant and they move out then Iā€™m left with a gaff with fuck all in it. Iā€™d generally be into your approach @caoimhaoin but Iā€™ve been dragged into weird issues before that really had nothing to do with us(Tenant ringing telling me sheā€™s having a nervous breakdown because of fight with neighbour/ neighbour ringing me locked on a staurday night at 11pm to tell me to get rid of the tenants etc) so a bit of hands off approach is required as well.
I think Iā€™ll agree to some of the stuff and keep some others.

you need to be careful with your own situation there my friend, you sound like the letting agent. are the tenancies including your own registered with the prtb?

So you live in one room for nearly free and rent out the others and manage the gaff for him? Sweet deal for a single lad.

Exactly.
Cut the grass
Pay the cleaners
Look after bits and pieces

Suits me. I was paying out over 2k in rent a month at one stage between job and house.

I donā€™t need to be careful of anything believe me

Jesus I donā€™t know how youā€™d live in a house share beyond the age of 30. Never again would I do it

1 Like

Seems straightforward and sensible. Itā€™s almost like you didnā€™t need to post about it at all.

Why is 30 a cut off?

I play playstation as well, is that against the law too?

Its the perfect area. Really near pharma plants. Every single viewer bar one or two are looking for somewhere to stay monday to thurs.

On a side note it amazes me how many people are commuting to places like Kinsale and Bandon from as far away as Dungarvan and Killarney every day.

Thats not to say i didnā€™t make a mistake or two. I gave one lad a chance who was clearly striggling and while he didnā€™t mean to bring hassle directly and wasnā€™t a terrible chap he brought a world of issues to the house.

But you learn