Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

Oh, I dealt with all the points.

Including with photographs. Certain egos just cannot bear too much reality.

By the way, you just admitted you did make those tweets ā€“ a reality about which you repeatedly lied in recent times.

Now fuck off, Sadney.

Absolutely. Not on as an insult

What tweets?

ā€œWhat tweets?ā€

Says it all. A coward, as well.

Now fuck off.

What tweets??

Agreed, but I do think insulting someoneā€™s intelligence and calling them a cunt in every single post is a bit heavy also

Fuck off, Slipney.

Very uncalled for dig at Steven Gerrard there.

@caulifloweredneanderthal

Cheers for your fatherā€™s text. Most interesting. PK had a deadly penalty, even with the heavy ball. My father was born in 1945 and he would be the same on Kilkenny.

I accept your other point, by the way, and appreciate you saying it. I just feel, perhaps wrongly, accepting being hijacked by someone with nothing to say in a thousand different ways has gone too far. But I sincerely apologize to anyone offended. The invective was directed at one person and one person only, not at a condition. The reality, of course, is that bad money drives out good money.

I was cured of left hand on top though being right handed by breaking my left wrist playing Gaelic football at 10 or 11. I too stubborn to change before that. Five or six weeks of hurling one handed with my right sorted me out. I remember feeling lā€™d lost power in my striking with the switch.

Both my parents are naturally left handed. They write with their right, it was beaten into them. That was how it went back in the day.

1 Like

My auld lad is right handed though

This thread

CTC0mdDUAAAVfod

2 Likes

If I was taking a free, Iā€™d strike it right handed, rhot.

If I was taking a penalty, Iā€™d strike it left handed, rhot.

A buddy of mine was similar. Left handed and right eye dominant. He shot off his left shoulder with his fathers gun which had a savage cast in the stock for a right hander. His whole head was over the top of the stock to try and aim. He was a terrible shot as a result.

1 Like

It fucks me up for golf as I have to get my left eye behind the ball and if Iā€™m not careful i come off shots, did you ever see jack nicklaus cocking his head? I maintain he had to get his left eye behind the ball

1 Like

That is odd. He must be slightly ambidextrous so.

Try a little harder to be respectful to others please. Times are strange recently and itā€™s easy to be testy but for your own benefit donā€™t go in so hard on eachother. Itā€™s not worth it.

1 Like

I donā€™t think the two boys are doing any damage to each other. Itā€™s the rest of us who are suffering these repetitive tedious exchanges. If they didnā€™t enjoy abusing each other theyā€™d put one another on ignore.
Make no mistake, theyā€™re loving this shit.

Let me just lay out what happened for you again. I made a couple of perfectly reasonable posts about hurling and you couldnā€™t handle it at all and immediately went miles off the reservation like the lunatic you are.

You donā€™t get to control what other people say, even though, as an absolute control freak, you think you do.

Youā€™re whinging like a baby about what you think is ā€œyourā€ thread being ā€œhijackedā€. The only person who hijacked it is yourself with your lunatic behaviour. Last night you were telling other posters to literally ā€œfuck off and dieā€.

Now youā€™re ā€œapologising to anybody who is offendedā€, a classic non-apology. That could come straight from the mouth of a Tory politician.

And like any classic control freak, your sense of victimhood is absolute.

You obviously fancy yourself as the one, the only ā€œMr. Hurling", "Hurling Manā€ extraordinaire. Itā€™s no wonder you hate @Sidney, who beautifully skewered you years ago. Itā€™s no wonder you hate Eamonn Sweeney, who wrote about the same thing (ironically, if anybody should be angry at Sweeney itā€™s @Sidney, given that Sweeney stole his ā€œHurling Manā€ caricature pretty much wholesale).

But ā€œHurling Manā€ is supposed to be a caricature, not real. And yet you really are that caricature, and then some. How does it feel to be a caricature?

Real hurling people, as opposed to entirely self-unaware caricatures, are open-minded and not utterly rigid in their closed mindedness like you are. Otherwise the style of the game in the 1950s or the 1970s, never mind the 2000s or 1990s, would never have happened. Real hurling people want the game to spread, to evolve, for ideas to evolve, for the game to not be exclusive. Real hurling people love the game and want others to enjoy it. But you, like a three year old child, imagine hurling as a personal toy is that is yours and only yours. And the gas thing is you donā€™t even understand how the toy works.

You are the hurling equivalent of those Republican ā€œoriginalistā€ headcases in the US who believe the US constitution is some fixed, never-changing document in which it should always be 1788. People like you do more damage to hurling than anybody else. If you had your way the game would have died out decades ago, perhaps still existing only in isolated pockets of ā€œpureā€ hurling country. ie. a 1950s rural fantasy land of your imagination in south Kilkenny, mid-Tipperary or north-east Cork ā€œuntaintedā€ by any outside influences. You are to hurling what the Christian Brothers were to the Irish language or the British Army was to British rule in the North. Iā€™d say youā€™ve turned exponentially more people off the sport than you ever enticed to play or be interested it.