Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

Because he’s two ends of a prick

1 Like

Hardy spot alright, nothing soft has ever left the place

1 Like

I was at a club match a few years back and after a hard fought battle we came out on top over CNM by a point. A few jung fellers started giving it big licks to the CNM dugout when the whistle was blown. Within 2 mins there was about 6 different scraps going on, some inside the wire most outside. Noelies mother was doing her level best to lever her boy off some fella on the ground… To no avail.

The guards were called eventually but thankfully everyone was at home by the time they arrived

CNM lost the match but won the afters on a clear KO decision

8 Likes

Cill na Martra is a little piece of paradise in Gods own country.

That was a great episode on Noel O’Leary.

Some level of tragedy but he’s come through it and spoke very well.

His reputation and demeanour as a player hid a very talented lad.

1 Like

Watching the Kieran Fitzgerald one here. What a man, an alright sort.

8 Likes

A legend.

1 Like

Dunno is it a repeat but Kieran Fitz is on. Nice tribute to Michael Meehan’s sister. Very sad.

2 Likes

I watched that a few months back. I never realised that he was seeing the Meehan sister that passed away.

3 Likes

Brutal stuff.

Same - awful stuff. He just about held it together there - tough going.

Watching the Liam Griffin one here but missed the start of it… Jesus, what happened Tommy Keogh in Kilmallock in the league game?

1 Like

Watching it too. A great program. Great to see his wife still going strong.

1 Like

A unique individual, seems a very likeable fella. Some achievement in 96.

1 Like

Met him last month in his hotel, a very nice man.

2 Likes

With Griffin it was like they handed over the reins to a superfan, never meant as much to any manager

3 Likes

I think he’s a great example of why it has to be a county man managing their own county. You can’t force fanaticism like that. It has to be there. You have to live and breath it and know the county inside and out

anyone?

He was said to have been given a very tough time that day by Sean O’Neill, a hardy Limerick player from that era. Got some physical “treatment” throughout along with verbal intimidation that was more prevalent back then.

1 Like

Some cynics would say it’s a story that grew legs in order to justify a certain stroke that followed months later when the teams met.