Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

Leix will have to be favourites for this after comfortably beating Dublin last summer

That was comfortable? Laois never done anything comfortably apart from getting bate.

3 Likes

Agreed. Think we’ll win by 4 or 5.

I laughed out loud at that. Fair play.

Killeshin and Arles Kilcruise have halted all activists

Probably wise from Arles given the age profile of their senior team.

:smiley: :clap:

Why don’t the 2 Arles join?

Why don’t Celtic and Rangers join?

2 Likes

Same as north and south Korea

It’d be easier join them

Were Rathdowney and Errill different clubs at one stage?

Yep. Very high on the roll of honour as well individually before the amalgamation. Only happened in the mid 2000s.

Oh wait, Errill only have 2 :see_no_evil:

Were Errill struggling to field? 4 teams they have now I think

Neither had won much in recent years, Rathdowneys last one was in the 40s. They amalgamated underage, and got a bit of traction, and as these things go, they followed suit at adult level then.

The both still exist individually as football clubs. They actually reached the Junior C Final a few years back. They agreed to wait until the hurling was done before playing it, and eventually played it on Stephens Day.

Paddy Purcell (Errill) is a serious footballer. Errill are now Junior A, Rathdowney B.

That’s an interesting one with the clubs still being separate to an extent. Our Junior As played their intermediates I think it was last weekend

Must be preety sickening joining up with local rivals. Could never be the same.

Their Intermediates would be decent.

They wanted to keep their identities if it all went tits up. It’s a nice thing in a way, Borris and Kilcotton have done likewise.

Of course they also get their All Ireland ticket allocations and county board votes :wink:

1 Like

Rivalries die out over time. They go when the old stock go. The lads thereafter never know anything of it.

I’d rather go down junior b than join with hated rivals.