Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

The above mentioned two anyway. They hurl together and play football separately. Also whoever they played lin hurling last weekend and are due to play in football this weekend I suppose.

Bound to happen, especially given what’s going on in Kildare. Clubs will need to decide whether to go ahead without these players or toss the hat at it. Odd times.

Senior football championship starts tonight. Hard to see anything other than another title for Portlaoise. If Port would get the finger out, they could put it up to them, but they’re unbelievably soft centred. Graigue, if they get the draw, might go a good distance. Joseph’s might do OK too.
Arles Kilcruise or Courtwood could go down.

Any more on the covid situation?

According to local media, a second test positive, he traveled in the car to the game with the previous positive it seems.

Zach Tuohy passes Tadhg Kennelly and moves into 2nd place in the AFL appearances list for Irish players. 198 appearances and counting.

Stynes in the distance on 246.

2 more full seasons from Zach and he’ll pass that. No reason to think he cant achieve it. Fair going. He’s been playing up forward more this season too.

He’s been incredibly lucky with injuries. We’ll see if he can continue to be. Not coming back and picking up meaningless county medals has helped too.

yeah been very lucky. Had a spell off season that ended his consecutive start record, but been fine ever since. I suppose picking up a few medals with Portlaoise early on helped to nullify the effect of missing latter ones, which as you say, mean fuck all in the scheme of things now for them.

Once the 10 in a row was broken, it didnt matter a fuck. He might be sorry for not being there to get them over the line for that, but its done now.

He always said he’d come back and kick for Laois, I never saw it myself.

no. Be one thing like Clarke or Kenelly coming back and actually competing for provincial or AI titles, but what the fuck would he be at with Laois? And I dont mean that in a shitty derogatory manner, but its the truth. Same with Barry O Connor out in Sydney now, George was only one there a week or two ago saying he hopes Barry makes it and he doubts he’ll see him back playing for Wexford.

It would only be for himself really, but yeah it would be nonsense otherwise

I’d say at this stage he would be hoping to win a flag at Geelong rather than kick a ball with Laois and his focus would lie there. He’d have fuck all interest in finishing his career early for a run about in some Leinster quarter final.

1 Like

Ah lads, is there anything like Junior C…

About 3 Intercounty Hurlers alongside him :smile:

How come they only needed to field 13?
How many had the other team?

Junior B and C competitions in Laois are played on a “both teams need to agree upon 15. If one team can only, or wishes to field 13 then its 13 aside”.

I guess it allows teams field when they might not have numbers for 15.

Saying that, 13 aside at Junior C level can be pretty fucking unforgiving for the aulder social playing lads. Lots of space. I wouldn’t like former a former League of Ireland and intercounty hurler Ross King running into the sort of space that exists in those scenarios.

The junior c football in Laois is nearly always won by a hurling club isn’t it? Slieve Bloom, Rathdowney, Castletown, Errill in recent years anyway. Colt or Kilcotton probably win it this year.
The exception was the year Graigue pulled their second team and hammered the shite out of everyone with their “third” team.

That was disgraceful by Graigue. Not the first time they did it either. Pulling a Junior A team to win a Junior C. FFS.

Colt will be strong for it this year. Would Kilcotton have much?

Aye, the hurling clubs can sometimes get a run, a la Errill or Castletown or Bloom. All it takes is one lad in the place to rally them with an interest.

Ross King at Junior C though, fuck sake. He’d be like a nuclear weapon.

I was talking to a lad from Ballyfin today. Said Kilcotton were very good last night. But they could conceivably not even play the next round. They’ve done it before. Won first round and pulled out. Their sole aim is to play one game of football a year minimum to keep the Kilcotton club alive as a separate entity to the hurling club, Borris Kilcotton.